MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mn State Park Geocaching History Challenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to be at KB event I would gladly grab any of the ones from the northern comtingent of State parks.

On an off note what are the parks doing with all of the extra cards that they had?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
If you are going to be at KB event I would gladly grab any of the ones from the northern comtingent of State parks.

On an off note what are the parks doing with all of the extra cards that they had?

I am planning to make the KB event but as usual, I am tentative.

Very good question on the card inventory. Maybe they should be incinerated as to add value to my extra cards Wink Laughing Laughing
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I still have extra cards from the 2008 challenge if anyone is needing to finish their collection: If no one here wants them, I'll post them on eBay or Craigs List for postage. I have the following cards (that my daughters picked up):

Savanna Portage (1)
Bear Head Lake (2)
You Did It 72 Parks (3) -- insurance, read my final log for more info
Gooseberry (1)
McCarthy Beach (2)
Scenic (1)
Myre Big Island (1)
Latsch (1)
Whitewater (2)
Split Rock Creek (1)
Flandrau (1)
Lake Carlos (1)
Lake Bemidji (1)
Big Bog (2)
Lindberg (1)
Hennepin (1)
Glacial Lakes (1)
Garden Island (4) -- I was the top secret card carrier, Paklid can confirm
Big Stone (1)
You Did It NE (1)

Gooseberry card has been claimed. I traded it for puzzle solutions Embarassed ok Wink
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:

I kind of got the impression that they would be destroyed, something to do with the Best Buy sponsorship.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised (and somewhat disappointed) to see a part of the history challenge cache at Nerstrand. We CITOed the laminated papers that were stuffed under a rock at Hidden Falls today while doing the earthcache there.

I would have expected the DNR of all people to have picked up the old pieces, especially after a year and a half.
DLGPS
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
I was surprised (and somewhat disappointed) to see a part of the history challenge cache at Nerstrand. We CITOed the laminated papers that were stuffed under a rock at Hidden Falls today while doing the earthcache there.

I would have expected the DNR of all people to have picked up the old pieces, especially after a year and a half.

We were the FTF on this cache and the second stage was just posted on one of the timbers under the steps. It later disappeared and I think I remember that they hid it under a rock. I think it disappeared again and they replaced it again. It could be that you found one of the first couple of copies. People may have hiden it in a different place than the DNR placed it.

Not to be too biased about the park where we have three caches, but Nerstrand Big Woods has some very dedicated people who really know their stuff and are very good to work with as far as Geocaching goes. They are very protective of the sensitive areas around the Hidden Falls so I would doubt that they would purposely leave something unorganic out there. IMHO
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything's possible I guess...

I actually found two laminated copies at the same location, covered by a rock beneath the stairs. My dad was pointing, saying that this is where stage 2 was located. He said he'd found it under a rock. I lifted up the rock and said "like this?"
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/recreation/geocaching/history_cards.pdf

Estimated cache finds: 16,738
72 Park Challenge Awards: 89
Regional Challenge Awards: 690

It takes 356 Regional Awards for 89 people to complete the 72 Award.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: