MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for some GeoBuddies
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stangedude
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't limit myself to this area. I have friends and family in Willmar and Marshall so I am sure I'll be geeking out in those areas too. I already downloaded packets for those areas into my GPS.

I just started out with walking distant site as I try to get used to this device and reading it. I am seeing other types of caching that intrigues me like Geocoins, etc. But, baby steps first.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stangedude wrote:
I just started real recent. I've had my GPS for about a week. My first hunt was today and fumbled through finding the site but not the cache. I live in Eden Prairie and wouldn't mind a mentor until I get this GPS/Geocache thing figured out.

Welcome to the MnGCA and geocaching. I hope your having a good time. There's lots of us on the West/SW side of the metro. I'd be happy to tag along with you. A note there are lots of puzzles and harder caches in this area. Very well done on both parts, but that can be tough for a newbie.

PM me if you'd like to go out caching sometime.
jrest
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, what the speedy guy said.. I live out on the SW side of town too. Seem like I get out on the hunt now and again... Lots of nice areas and interesting parks in that part of the cities... I'd be happy to tag along on the hunt some time too.. shoot me a note
she_wolf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrest wrote:
Yeah, what the speedy guy said.. I live out on the SW side of town too. Seem like I get out on the hunt now and again... Lots of nice areas and interesting parks in that part of the cities... I'd be happy to tag along on the hunt some time too.. shoot me a note

Am I the only GCer from the east side? Rolling Eyes
Altho I don't mind a little drive on a weekend, or for WNCing or FNCing, I would love a quick hunt after work too.....
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stangedude wrote:
I won't limit myself to this area. I have friends and family in Willmar and Marshall so I am sure I'll be geeking out in those areas too. I already downloaded packets for those areas into my GPS.

I just started out with walking distant site as I try to get used to this device and reading it. I am seeing other types of caching that intrigues me like Geocoins, etc. But, baby steps first.

Keep an eye on the events section. We have 2 groups now, that schedule caching on a weekly basis, usually Wednesdays and Fridays.
she_wolf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stangedude wrote:

You are doing better than me Very Happy My first one was a micro - I didn't know they came in different sizes Shocked Once I started tho - I HAD to find it, once I started. I got smarter after that.

I agree the WNCing and FNCing are a great way to learn some of the "tricks".
jrest
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where on the east side are you? I work up on the north side (shoreview) north of 694, east of 35W, and have a tendency to hunt up a couple on the way home from work...
she_wolf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrest wrote:
where on the east side are you? I work up on the north side (shoreview) north of 694, east of 35W, and have a tendency to hunt up a couple on the way home from work...

Maplewood area.... 694/35E
Fafara
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for some geocache buddies as well, since starting out today. I'm however stuck in the Metro area, due to the fact I pretty much refuse to drive. Mass transit works wonders. I'd be more than happy to show you, or anyone else for that matter, around the parks in the northwest suburbs.

Also, bump
she_wolf
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fafara wrote:
I'm looking for some geocache buddies as well, since starting out today. I'm however stuck in the Metro area, due to the fact I pretty much refuse to drive. Mass transit works wonders. I'd be more than happy to show you, or anyone else for that matter, around the parks in the northwest suburbs.

Also, bump

One of the fun ways to get to know others is through Weeknight caching, on either Wednesday or Friday - follow the events link.
Welcome aboard to the Geocaching obsession. Very Happy
Fafara
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, work obligations keep me away from those nights, mostly. Gotta sleep sometime, you know. I'll do what I can someday, however. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: