MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A way to help the Superior National Forest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: A way to help the Superior National Forest Reply with quote

I was browsing the Superior National Forest's website and I noticed an addition to their Arrow geocaching policy page :

Quote:
If you are looking for other opportunities to use your GPS skills, the Forest is looking for volunteers to GPS trails, portages, and campsites. Contact one of the Districts.

Sounds like something I'll be doing this summer!
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can they be so permissive, and the Fish and Wildlife are jerks? They almost accused me of being a criminal, and wouldn't even talk about geocaching.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagleyes was the primary contact with the Superior National Forest so I can't answer that. Maybe different departments have different cultures? Maybe it's just a matter of individuals. . .

Maybe eagleyes is just a better embassador!
Wink
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, congrats to eagleyes. I've never been to the Superior National Forest, so maybe it's about time.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Well, congrats to eagleyes. I've never been to the Superior National Forest, so maybe it's about time.

This went into effect last year, the only change was what I quoted above. Remember to have the form approved before submitting the cache to gc.com.

The ranger I worked with on my Echo Trail (which I need to move this season) was very friendly and helpful. They accepted the form via email and sent a response via snail mail.

Chad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: