MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attn: Duluth cachers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoAddict
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also didn't realize they had one. In fact, I've never even been to the Depot.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading one of the blogs, buzz.duluth, I guess the mayor of Duluth was on Almanac North a few days ago. He said, (and what I've known for a few months), is that he is following the lead of the Twin Cities mayors on solving the budget issues. A few months ago, I sat in on a conference call with the union people in St. Paul, and their whole conversation basically was how the mayor Coleman also dissemated the parks dept of St. Paul by laying off most of the staff. Then he raised the city property tax levy by 15% (which I do not believe can be done at this point due to Pawlenty recently capping it). Ness is basically following that plan. I've also noticed that they recently had to re-post the Director of P&R for St. Paul...I wonder if it is hard to find qualified people for it now and if that has anything to do with what has transpired there the past few years.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know which is easier...finding a new job or keep fighting to get the old one back...nothing to lose and time on my hands, so I just keep trying (if nothing else, I'll be cleaning toilets for the city on April 1st...kind of ironic):

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/114356/

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/114358/

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/114357/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: