MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RE: Minnesota Wisconsin outdoors website

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dardevle
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: RE: Minnesota Wisconsin outdoors website Reply with quote

Had to edit. Found out the owner was a bit crooked! No need to say more! Anyway, I am hoping to make to few more events this year. Maybe get Merkman to ride our Motorcylces to the State park event!

Last edited by dardevle on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
dardevle
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody stopped in to check out the Site? I know alot of you are into more than geocaching on the weekend.
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I opened your link but you have to sign up to view . I like to look around as a guest first and then decide to join or not. I hate to have dozens of passwards to remember. Look at the MnGCA here and we have more guest than members most of the time.
dardevle
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that. I am not sure why the owner has it set up that way. Sorry. I Know that I use the same user name and password for most of my profiles.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much green for me. Makes me want to go out and perform anti-CITO.
dardevle
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I hear ya there. The other site I am a member of is all sand brown!! I decided that I like green better!! Laughing
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dardevle wrote:
LOL I hear ya there. The other site I am a member of is all sand brown!! I decided that I like green better!! Laughing
Geez, and I thought my white spreadsheet was bad :p For anyone who doesn't like the appearance of a website, simply write a greasemonkey script for it. Laughing
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

butcherandswimmer wrote:
I opened your link but you have to sign up to view . I like to look around as a guest first and then decide to join or not. I hate to have dozens of passwards to remember. Look at the MnGCA here and we have more guest than members most of the time.

Remember that Google, Yahoo, and other crawlers show up as 'guests' on the website..

dardevle wrote:
I understand that. I am not sure why the owner has it set up that way. Sorry. I Know that I use the same user name and password for most of my profiles.

I used to use the same username/password for everything as well, but that's a huge security risk. Once someone figures out your username/password for one site, they have your entire life open to them - your email, banking, etc. A few years ago I decided that it was time to change my passwords at a minimum (so that all are different), and often use different user names as well...

I'm with butcherandswimmer though - eventually I may make it in there, although I'm not keen on signing up for something that I can't see before I sign up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: