MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WANTED: Your Excess Heads
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: WANTED: Your Excess Heads Reply with quote

While this sounds strange, there is a very good reason for my request. I'll let your imaginations go rampant until next fall..

In the mean time, I need your extra heads. If you have any old dolls, mannequins, Halloween props, etc. that you need cleaned out of your garage or attic, I'd be happy to take them. I am looking for donations only and won't consider items for sale. Think of this as YOUR contribution back to geocaching.

I am looking for heads that are realistic in size, adult or child sized. No bigger or no smaller than about 25% of some made up notion I have about how big or small a head should be. If you have entire bodies to go along with the heads, I might be able to bargain with you and provide fame (but still no fortune).

PM me if you want to contribute.. ok, I'll admit it.. to Halloween 2009.
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What some people do in there spare time make you wounder?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. I'll most likely refuse to take your real human heads. I may even have to contact law enforcement.
NeoAddict
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking for mannequin heads/bodies for a while now... they're a lot harder to come by than you might think. Your best bet is to bug retail stores in the malls and ask the managers if they have any busted display bodies or manneqins lying around. I haven't had any luck yet, but there's hope...
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has caching come to...? Smile

Seriously though, I've found a couple of caches involving heads which were pretty good indeed.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeoAddict wrote:
I've been looking for mannequin heads/bodies for a while now... they're a lot harder to come by than you might think. Your best bet is to bug retail stores in the malls and ask the managers if they have any busted display bodies or manneqins lying around. I haven't had any luck yet, but there's hope...

Therein lies the reason for this post.. Wink
joboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeoAddict wrote:
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on the stores. My better 1/2 works in managment 4 j.c. penny's, and i asked her the price tag of a fake person. i almost fell over... $900-$3500! she also mentioned that even if they break, they'll order replacement parts 2 fix it. my 2 1/2 yr. old has started tearing the heads off her baby dolls, if some aren't fixable i could send them your way Bart. let me know. Peace, Joboo
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joboo wrote:
my 2 1/2 yr. old has started tearing the heads off her baby dolls

You might want to sleep with one eye open Wink
joboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
joboo wrote:
my 2 1/2 yr. old has started tearing the heads off her baby dolls

You might want to sleep with one eye open Wink
Laughing her poor older bother's gotta do that! she mess's with them 1st. Laughing
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could ask Ax Man to look out for you . . . I'll keep my eyes open next time I stop by.

Ax-Man . . . . how appropriate for heads, really.
NeoAddict
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joboo wrote:
NeoAddict wrote:
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on the stores. My better 1/2 works in managment 4 j.c. penny's, and i asked her the price tag of a fake person. i almost fell over... $900-$3500!

Yeah, they're wicked spendy. There are some sites that sell used mannequins, but even then they're over $300, and that's just a little too big of an investment for a geocache.

Another option which I haven't quite explored yet, is to ask around at theater companies. They have very large wardrobes for all their shows, and mannequins are there, and they sure do look rough. They're usually second-hands of second-hands, so parts are usually missing. That might be another lead to check out. Ask for the costumer or whoever handles the wardrobe/props.
Bunganator
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeoAddict wrote:
There are some sites that sell used mannequins, but even then they're over $300, and that's just a little too big of an investment for a geocache.

My own useless entertainment isn't worth $300 to you? A little piece of me just died inside...

..If the rest dies, Bart can have my head.

Wink
firstbass
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunganator wrote:

I looked into whether Bart, or the MnGCA for that matter, can receive Bunganator's head as an anatomical gift.

https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/statutes/?id=525A.11

2008 Minnesota statutes wrote:

525A.11 PERSONS THAT MAY RECEIVE ANATOMICAL GIFT; PURPOSE OF ANATOMICAL GIFT.

(a) An anatomical gift may be made to the following persons named in the document of gift:

(1) a hospital; accredited medical school, dental school, college, or university; organ procurement organization; or nonprofit organization in medical education or research, for research or education;

(2) subject to paragraph (b), an individual designated by the person making the anatomical gift if the individual is the recipient of the part; and

(3) an eye bank or tissue bank.

Apparently not. Bart would have to accept it as part of a transplant. The statute doesn't say anything about cache placements.

Should we consider revising MnGCA's mission statement to include medical education and research?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firstbass wrote:
Bunganator wrote:

I looked into whether Bart, or the MnGCA for that matter, can receive Bunganator's head as an anatomical gift.

https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/statutes/?id=525A.11

I believe the MnGCA should petition the state legislature to get the laws changed to allow gifts of heads (and other body parts - see Paklid's caches) for geocaches.
d.c.e.edmo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe check a beauty academy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: