MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

State Park's Job Discription?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: State Park's Job Discription? Reply with quote

I have volunteered with Claire Plank of the DNR to find a role for the MnGCA with each State Park. I am talking at the local State Park level not St Paul, That is something else I am working on.

I would like to know what, if any thing we can offer to the parks. So far I have volunteers for the parks with no real "job" description. Claire is going to find out what the parks would like us to do.
What I am asking the membership is suggestions. I have two things that I think would be welcome, consulting and teaching geocaching classes.

What are we going to get out of this? The foremost thing I see us getting is good will and good relationships with the parks and the DNR. Secondarily some recognition for the MnGCA.

Please post your suggestions on this thread.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the goodwill that "could" come of this. Just be careful for what we get volunteered into doing.. Wink
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: State Park's Job Discription? Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:
Please post your suggestions on this thread.

Seems overly ambitious to me; I think the extent of our volunteering should be the adoption of a cache for the upcoming safari challenge, and perhaps on occasion at a single park, we could do a GC class, but that would need to be setup by an individual cacher with the park...the park could contact us and say, we'd like to have a GC class in xxx park sometime in yyy month, can anyone help out with that...and at that point, if anyone wants to help out, then they can do so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: