MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I wouldn't have believed this if I hadn't seen it----

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: I wouldn't have believed this if I hadn't seen it---- Reply with quote

We have never cached with children- oh the patience one must have- but yesterday we took a cousin and her two children (8 &9) out caching- they had been given an old GPs and had heard about caching and had tried it once a year ago and were anxious to go with us. Bottom line- the boy picked up a Tbug and when the father came home the boy had to show his dad what he had taken from the caches in trade. We spied the Tbug and explained that it couldn't be kept- etc- the parents agreed but the boy didn't - what he did do- was go off somewhere and come back with the hitchhiker that he wanted to keep, minus the tag which had been on the key chain loop- he said, " now the tag isn't on it so I can keep it now." We explained to the parents that they had to find the tag and get it back in a cache or at least find the tag and notify the bug owner- that is where we left it- but after that one experience I can see how bugs go missing-
joboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: I wouldn't have believed this if I hadn't seen it---- Reply with quote

eagleyes wrote:
We have never cached with children- oh the patience one must have- but yesterday we took a cousin and her two children (8 &9) out caching- they had been given an old GPs and had heard about caching and had tried it once a year ago and were anxious to go with us. Bottom line- the boy picked up a Tbug and when the father came home the boy had to show his dad what he had taken from the caches in trade. We spied the Tbug and explained that it couldn't be kept- etc- the parents agreed but the boy didn't - what he did do- was go off somewhere and come back with the hitchhiker that he wanted to keep, minus the tag which had been on the key chain loop- he said, " now the tag isn't on it so I can keep it now." We explained to the parents that they had to find the tag and get it back in a cache or at least find the tag and notify the bug owner- that is where we left it- but after that one experience I can see how bugs go missing-

oh the patience one must have................you have no idea!!!!!!!!!! Wink
it took awhile for my childern to understand the whole idea about TB's and geocoins, but they think it's pretty cool that other people send things off for them to find.

it makes it all good when they open a cache and get to mill through the stuff.......of course each one gets a turn at finding a cache and opening it.

Peace,
Joboo
MrRogersNghbor
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uck! My children will be well-versed in the art of TB's. Lol...oh yes, they will.
ArcherDragoon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilby's daughters can always teach them!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: