MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ely, MN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Ely, MN Reply with quote

Anyone up for a run to Ely over the Christmas break? I've got room for two more and as much gear as you want to bring. Exact day is negotiable.
joboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart,

don't forget the snowshoes!!
2 1/2 - 3' of snow on the ground, with more on the way this weekend. just an FYI.

Peace,
Joboo
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got them packed and ready to go. Thanks for the note. It sounds like I might also need to bring a large scoop shovel.
joboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Got them packed and ready to go. Thanks for the note. It sounds like I might also need to bring a large scoop shovel.

i don't know about a shovel, to each their own. i tried a shovel, (once) it just seems like shoveling is way to much work. i do enough shoveling at home after it snows!!! Wink

now when i winter cache i use a 4' long piece of all-thread, and of course i only pick winter friendly caches. Very Happy when that all-thread goes tap tap on an ammo box, you will never forget that clanking noise. it's unmistakable to rocks, frozen ground or whatever you rap it off. as far as lock-n-lock containers, peanut butter jars, etc. go, you kind of can tell (after enough of them) what they are after you rap them with the all-thread.

there's a hidden gem of a cache 8-15 miles or so south of Ely, called Jay Mattila Cross Roads (GC166Z1). it is a very neat cache in a very cool spot!! it will give your snowshoes a good workout. just a suggestion.

anyway gotta run.

Peace,
Joboo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: