MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-November 2008

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-November 2008 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although I will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that I am accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for November of 2007. You can submit COTM nominations to me using one of the following three methods…1) Send me a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) Send me an Email at Arch283Co@aol.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

A further explanation of the cache of the month process can be found Here!!!

Thanks,
ArcherDragoon
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to make this official...

I would like to nominate GC18N3F: Cache or High Water by Jaklimber for November Cache of the Month. Jaklimber has several caches in the area that require people to think "outside the cache" and this one is no exception. It may be listed as a puzzle cache...but that is only because of the very specific instructions that must be followed at the cache site!!! This is a well thought out, well designed and well maintained cache...and is a must do if you are ever in the area. Before you visit, be sure to carefully read the cache page and come prepaired...and be sure to read the directions at the site...if conditions are not correct when you visit, you sill need to visit at another time in order...but it is well worth it to see the creativity involved with this cache!!! Just ask Mr. and Mrs. Nudlez...they had to visit on several different occasions before being able to "find" this cache...and they still enjoyed it!!!

Ok...anyone else have a nomination for November???
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone...got...any...nomincations...for...November...besides...me???
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcherDragoon wrote:

Norvina does. But she's afraid that it might look like I've conned her into nominating one of my caches since we cache together a lot. I would honestly never do that. So if she comes forward, hurray but if not, oh well for me.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
ArcherDragoon wrote:

Norvina does. But she's afraid that it might look like I've conned her into nominating one of my caches since we cache together a lot. I would honestly never do that. So if she comes forward, hurray but if not, oh well for me.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were her - it's not the nomination that gets a cache to the COTM status, it's the vote.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
ArcherDragoon wrote:

I am easy to please...I just want at least one more nomination...
...besides...if there are any complaints about it...they can take a number behind all the others... Laughing Laughing Laughing ...only one they can get mad at is me for accepting a nomination!!!
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Nomination Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate the cache GCPPEJ - Silver Cliff - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=6b65cbe2-a251-4348-9f3b-ec40ffecaf58 by EskoClimber as Cache of the Month.

This is a one in a thousand type cache in terms of physical difficulty and terrain. It provides an exciting challenge to approach and delivers some beautiful views overlooking Lake Superior once you find it. For me it ranks as one of the top 20 caches I've found in Minnesota.

Also, the cache is over 3 years old and is clearly well maintained. The cache page has useful attributes and a good cache description. This is a top notch cache.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: