MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Longest to FTF?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Longest to FTF? Reply with quote

I was chatting with a few cachers regarding the longest a traditional cache has been out within the Twin Cities without a FTF, with the Twin Cities being defined as the 494/694 loop.

Anyone have any idea? Posting and then disabling doesn't count Smile
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope posting with the wrong coords would not count either. Smile

If you count puzzles, I would think that KBs "all counties" or "all delorme pages" caches would be up there. As for regular caches, I would suspect a cache on an island would be up there. This one went 18 days without a find, GC1BTAZ.

-Jonas
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's tough to figure out, especially on the older caches (which will probably be where the longer waits are). The "placed" date doesn't always match the "published" date. Knowing the published date gets hard before the published logs were created...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas wrote:
I would hope posting with the wrong coords would not count either. Smile

If you count puzzles, I would think that KBs "all counties" or "all delorme pages" caches would be up there. As for regular caches, I would suspect a cache on an island would be up there. This one went 18 days without a find, GC1BTAZ.

-Jonas

Interesting; I was thinking only trads would count.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas wrote:
If you count puzzles, I would think that KBs "all counties" or "all delorme pages" caches would be up there.

He's not counting puzzles, but I think GCP67D would have the longest wait. Over 16 months.. It was finally found after it was archived. It's actually located in the 494/694 circle, even though the posted coords aren't.

Quote:
As for regular caches, I would suspect a cache on an island would be up there. This one went 18 days without a find, GC1BTAZ.

I'm guessing you win; I can't imagine anything going longer than 18 days. GC1BTAZ isn't in the circle though. It's a rickrich cache on an island in Lake Mtka.. Can't do any better than that.. Any island cache that's not rickrich's would be found by him within 24 hours.
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking a couple of other island caches, this one still not in the 494/694 ring. But 11 days on this one GCN3G7.

-Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: