MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't trust autorouting!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
My City Navigator 2007 has a knack for finding the unaccessible back doors to all of the state parks.. usually miles from where I am actually supposed to enter. I have since started preplanning my approaches.

Yeah I learned quick with the state park caches to auto route to the POI in the recreation database that has the state park listing, then once I'm there I'll bring up the cache. Of course some I know have used that "error" to their advantage, but they are also part Mountain Goat and go places I probably wouldn't go! =) If they were already in the park why didn't they just follow their tracks back out? Or do the popular auto units not feature a breadcrumb feature?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
bflentje wrote:
My City Navigator 2007 has a knack for finding the unaccessible back doors to all of the state parks.. usually miles from where I am actually supposed to enter. I have since started preplanning my approaches.

Yeah I learned quick with the state park caches to auto route to the POI in the recreation database that has the state park listing, then once I'm there I'll bring up the cache. Of course some I know have used that "error" to their advantage, but they are also part Mountain Goat and go places I probably wouldn't go! =) If they were already in the park why didn't they just follow their tracks back out? Or do the popular auto units not feature a breadcrumb feature?

It worked against us at Maplewood among many others. It actually worked for us at Lake Bronson. Luckily, at Bronson you didn't need to be a mountain goat.
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

Let's be honest, it helped at Franz!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGilby4 wrote:
bflentje wrote:

Let's be honest, it helped at Franz!

Ok, maybe... if you like to hike in thick, jungle-like, "trails". Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: