MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating Coordinates on a Cache Listing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
You can set up notifications of coord changes, just by checking an extra box when you set up notifications of new caches. Obviously the cache owner should not be deleting coord change logs; that is just inconsiderate.

I think using the term inconsiderate crosses the line. I mean, how long does it take to update the coords of the actual listing?? No time at all. I would guess you should be pulling a PQ more frequently.. Cool

Originally I was going to say "boneheaded", would that be better? Wink It doesn't take long to update the coords but I need to know they need updating. When you change the coords of a cache, that event is logged for a reason. Why delete it? Unless you did it 6 times, I guess you'd want to delete the logs then, but...?
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
7 times in 6 minutes? Hmm....

Oh, he probably did it in 7 steps to work around the .1 mile limit on coord changes, and then deleted the mess that created. Makes sense. Hopefully next time he'll just contact Surfer Joe.
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
bflentje wrote:
7 times in 6 minutes? Hmm....

Oh, he probably did it in 7 steps to work around the .1 mile limit on coord changes, and then deleted the mess that created. Makes sense. Hopefully next time he'll just contact Surfer Joe.

I am guessing that is why it was done, but then why not leave the very last change? Now that I have the updated coord notification set I should be good, but I guess that isn't any help to non premium members??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: