MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kayak/Canoe Accessible Caches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Kayak/Canoe Accessible Caches Reply with quote

The real reason I got my GPSr was for kayaking. I just fell into this geocaching thing by accident. Very Happy I'm hoping that when warm weather returns to Minnesota, I'll be able to combine both activities somewhat.

I'm aware of one cache, wisely archived for the winter, Bobhiker's Chain of Lakes Canoe Cache, that is accessible only by canoe or kayak. Are there others in the area?

Conversely, are there other cachers in the area who are also paddlers who would be interested in this kind of cache? I've been considering some ideas.

Dreaming of warmer weather,
Moe the Sleaze
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another canoe/kayak cache would be Island Adventure. It has not been found yet but has only been searched for once so far.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Island Adventure Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing that one out. That's not very reassuring that tricolor got skunked by it! Shocked
MNSledHead
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe, this is a bit off topic, but if you're interested in paddling, check out the following link www.paddlenorth.org The guy was my son's 5th grade teacher a few years ago. He and his wife paddled from northern Minnesota out the top of Canada. Their journey was almost 3500 miles. Makes my arms scream to think about it! I know they kept a GPS with them at all times.

-MNSledHead
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNSledHead, thanks for the link. These folks are WAY out of my league!

Moe
Nellamit
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject: canoe cache Reply with quote

My son & I are planning to place a cache at a county park east of Rochester in the spring. There is a lake with hiking trails all around it so the idea is to place it somewere that will be accessible by land or sea, giving the cacher a choice.

Tim
tomslusher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: kayak/canoe cache Reply with quote

This looks like another cache that can be visited with a kayak or
canoe. It's on an island on Lake Marion in Lakeville, right next to
I35. Lakeville-Lake Marion Island Cache
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: