MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fun park location, Can anyone help?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Fun park location, Can anyone help? Reply with quote

On my trip getting the metro state park caches somewhere along Hwy 95 (along the eastern border) I noticed as I was going by that someplace along this stretch of Hwy there is what looked like a mini themed park. Could anyone help me as to what the actual location is and what the name of the park is called. Was mentioning this to another party here at work and there are interested in maybe visiting the place. I think it is north of Stillwater, but not sure how far.

Any ideas or help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing some sculptures off the side of the road while driving around the Lindstrom area while visiting state parks last year, not sure if that is what you mean with a themed park?

The one I am thinking of is called Franconia Sculpture Park and got this cache hidden right inside it, GCZ67R.

-Jonas
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaking to me it looked like a cinderella or something right by the entrance to the park. There has to be someone that has seen this. Just wish I could remember where it was at exactly.
NYSandy23
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be thinking of Wild Mountain Recreation area in Taylors Falls. You can see parts of the facility from 95. They have a water park, camping and RV spots and the Alpine slide in the summer.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That might be the ticket. I don't have kid's so I don't normally look that close at those things. All I seem to remember is that is was north of Stillwater and on the west side of the road. Embarassed I guess I should be a little more observant of these things while I'm driving. But hey I'm a cacher and I had my mind on that. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Thanks for the help. Hopefully this is the place I was referring to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: