MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May 2004 Cache of the Month - VOTE HERE

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Your vote for Cache of the Month goes to:
Clear Water Forever by Bearchaser
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Traveling thru Purgatory by rickrich
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: May 2004 Cache of the Month - VOTE HERE Reply with quote

It's time to vote! In this post you will find the caches which have been nominated to be the MnGCA May Cache of the Month.

Voting ends on April 30th. Rules for nominations Arrow here. Thanks to those who submitted nominations and to all voters!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nomination articles: (in the order they were nominated)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Clear Water Forever (GCHVMR) by Bearchaser (nominated by Team-Deadhead)

I would like to nominate for cache of the month Clear Water Forever
by Bearchaser. This cache has it all: a nice walk through the prairie
then a short walk in the woods. Then when you get to the cache the view
almost makes you forget about the cache. Below you is a breathtaking
view of the Clearwater river and off in the distance is a iron train
trestle that must be over 100 feet off the ground. This is truly the
most scenic cache I ever had the privilege to visit. This is a cache
that everyone from the cities should make the drive to see.

2) Traveling thru Purgatory (GCGWME) by rickrich (nomintated by Silent Bob)

I recently had the great opportunity to join up with Kitch and visit rickrich’s world-famous cache Traveling Thru Purgatory in Minnetonka’s Purgatory Park. I had wanted to nab this cache for quite some time but my hopes were dashed after it had gone missing… After being replaced I had noticed that recent finders had not followed through on the cache’s intended purpose so Kitch and I decided it would be best to take our time and complete this cache to the fullest.

We headed out to the cache a little bit before two in the afternoon on a beautiful day. We were both skipping out on work and enjoying the great weather and the awesome caching. After arriving at the first stage we made the half-mile walk through the park eyeing possible new hide locations.

After signing the log we set out on our own journey to rehide the cache. We walked the park for quite sometime before settling on what we believed to be a fantastic location. After spending about thirty minutes rehiding the final we returned to the first stage to write down our updated coordinates. We even decided on a great encrypted clue to include in our log.

This was, by far, the most fun I have had hunting and hiding a cache. Purgatory Park is a great area with many possible locations and great changes in terrain and scenery. Kitch and I spent over an hour at this cache and loved every second of it. The fact that the cache can be visited again and again (even by the cache owner himself) makes this one heck of a hide!

So, if you happen to be in the Minnetonka area hitting caches, please be sure to set aside an hour or so for one of the best in the cities.

Last edited by towlebooth on Sun May 02, 2004 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow..thats cool... more votes then finds on one of these...
Bearchaser
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went for a hike on the way home today and found Traveling Though Purgatory. It's the best metro cache I've been to so far and I had a blast. I really enjoyed the re-hide aspect and hope it doesn't take the next seeker to long to figure out where I put it.

I've always wanted to visit the park to check out Purgatory Creek. Years ago it was a trout stream and I was hoping maybe it still was. I didn't see any fish and I know they don't stock it anymore but I wish they would. It's a great park.

Everyone should do this one more than once, it's great.

Thanks for the cache rickrich!

Bearchaser
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a day to go - let's see how many votes we can get this month!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: