MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RINO 110 - nav page
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irvingdog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitch
I'm hot for that new 130 also. it would be great if the FCC opened up the GMRS frequency to allow the transmission of location data and text-messaging, but I don't know........

I already own a 110, and I like it alot. I bought 110 over the 120 because I had a feeling Garmin would build on the RINO principal, yet I wanted a toy, so I went with the cheap one figuring I'd add the expensive one later.

Technology, your always outdated once you buy.............
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the rino 130 Kitch, so far it's worked well, but I haven't been able to try the text messaging, don't know any other rino 130 users (do they have to be 130s to do that?). Love having a basemap, I was able to see the railroad track I was on all the way out to washington (btw great ride out here, a bit bumpy, but I got a couple locationless caches at some stops along the way.

Anxious to try the position reporting. Good luck on the GMRS though, to legallay transmit on it, you need a 75 dollar license from the FCC (that has to be renewed every year).
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
to legallay
hmmm there is ways around that right??
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Rhino 130 Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
I'm using the rino 130 Kitch, so far it's worked well, but I haven't been able to try the text messaging, don't know any other rino 130 users (do they have to be 130s to do that?). Love having a basemap, I was able to see the railroad track I was on all the way out to washington (btw great ride out here, a bit bumpy, but I got a couple locationless caches at some stops along the way.

Anxious to try the position reporting. Good luck on the GMRS though, to legallay transmit on it, you need a 75 dollar license from the FCC (that has to be renewed every year).

I have a Rino130 too and love it. Haven't had a chance to use the text messaging yet either. I guess next time I am at an event with KC0GRN I will have to play! Very Happy

-JT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Joelcam
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT and I have used the RINO's together (I only have a 110 for now our birthday is only a few weeks away). Wink They work really slick.

I found another use we plan to try it at work this summer. One of our station staff is riding in a 3 day bike tour, and we plan to follow her as she rides. We will be using our chopper to get aerial shots and we plan to stick a RINO on her bike, a RINO in the chopper, and a 3rd in the chase van. When she hears the chopper, she can ping her location and we can locate her a bit easier, plus talk directly to her. We should get pretty good range being above her with no terrain issues.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get the RINO130 Crying or Very sad ... I just bought a 60C instead Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just bought a 60C instead

Congratulations, you lucky dog. Let me know how that color screens shows up in the bright sun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: