MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to log a regional find???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: How to log a regional find??? Reply with quote

The regional caches are not listed on geocaching.com yet, so I was wondering what the procedure to log one is.

Does one just go to the visitor's center, present their cards, and then get a coin? Is there a logbook to sign? How about FTFs?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

B&B
ArcherDragoon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my understading...they will eventually be posted...the key word is eventually.

Otherwise...again from my understanding...yes, head to the Park Office that is to be "hosting" the Regional Cache. Show your cards...they in turn give you coords...you go find the cache...grab another card from that cache (used as proof for the State Final)...head back to Park Office and receive a Regional Geocoin...Thus, no "Find" as of yet...

But, again, this is only my understanding of the situation...anyone else with info...please speak up!!!

Later,
ArcherDragoon
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cache pages for the regional should be something on the order of a mystery cache or such. You will need to present all of the cards from that region to get the coords for the final for that region from the park ranger or staff. Then you proceed to find the final for that region, grab one of the regional cards. Return to the park office and collect your regional coin. I was involved with the hiding of the southern regional and the Ranger said that she was also going to initial off on the cards that get presented so that another party would not be able to use that set of cards to find the final for the region, as I believe you will need to show all 72 park cards, plus all of the regional cards to get the main final for the state. I know the final cache for the southern region has been placed.

BTW: if you are going to get the UPPER SIOUX PARK CACHE (the regular one) be aware that this one takes about two hours to complete. Final regional is just one stage that shouldn't take more than about 10-15 min to complete.

You also have to be aware of park office hours when you are going for the final of a particular region. Summer hours are longer than winter hours and you may want to check with the park before actually venturing out any distance to make sure that someone will be there to actually verify the cards.

Good luck to those that actual can get one region or more and to the select few that may actually get the final state one.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Regional caches have been posted for the Minnesota Geocaching History Challenge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: