MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KSTP News Article

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: KSTP News Article Reply with quote

KSTP News has an article and video on their website about the MN Geocaching History Challenge. Take the article and video as you want. I took it it as a chance to get other people out geocaching and not much more. Here is the link http://kstp.com/article/stories/S437141.shtml?cat=1
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good story overall. I got a chuckle out of the reporter referring to Geocaching as a "new" sport though.
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually speedysk1, I often find myself stressing that it IS a fairly new sport. While it isn’t “brand new”, it’s pretty much still evolving. People are coming up with new techniques and technologies for it all the time.

People just starting out now, might someday be considered as starting in the early days of caching. It certainly isn't an old sport.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dachebo wrote:
Actually speedysk1, I often find myself stressing that it IS a fairly new sport. While it isn’t “brand new”, it’s pretty much still evolving. People are coming up with new techniques and technologies for it all the time.

People just starting out now, might someday be considered as starting in the early days of caching. It certainly isn't an old sport.

Ok, fair point. I've known about it longer than I've played it so I guess I don't view it as "new". I agree with your comments.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eskoclimber and I were there (since Fort Snelling is my adopted state park) for the festivities (media event) with all the Best Buy big wigs, the DNR commissioner, the Sesquicentenial committee, etc. but luckily we didn't make it into any of the pictures or video footage this time! They had placed 4 temporary caches for the students to find and they did seem to enjoy it! The blue shirts from BB seemed to do a great job explaining and helping the kids find the caches. Everything seemed very well thought out and prepared. The coin I saw was really great looking! I wanted one!!!
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota and I got a chance to talk with several officials at the top of the food chain with positive results.
The kids had a great time hunting down the caches and the people that purchased the eTrex's learned they NEED to buy PC cables.
Great little event all around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Media Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: