MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minnesota Parks and Rec Annual Conference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Minnesota Parks and Rec Annual Conference Reply with quote

I had posted this elsewhere, but now this falls under volunteer opportunity. I am presenting at the MN Parks and Rec Association Conference in Sept. at Craguns resort (Brainerd) a geocaching segment. Most of the presentation will be "hands-on" attempt by parks and rec employees to try locating a temp. I will also be doing about a 20 minute presentation on the basics of caching, policy, and of course, mentioning the MNGCA and it's mission stmt.

Originally, I was co-presenting with a lady from Three Rivers parks. I received the sad news yesterday that she died unexpectantly last week. I told them that I would still do the presentation. Three Rivers has 30 GPSs that I hope they will still let me use, but I would need help early that morning placing 30 temps and writing down the coords for them.

It is on Thursday, September 25th. I would probably have to have them in place by 8am in order to have time to set up the powerpoint by the 8:30 start. Let me know if you live in that area and could help me out or if you have questions.

Also, I'll check with my supervisor to see if someone from the Duluth area wants to do it, whether or not they can ride with me (the city has some policies on transportation).
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in.

I will be able to help.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merkman wrote:
Count me in.

I will be able to help.

Thanks!!! I'll be in touch as I get more info on # of partipants, GPSs, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: