MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caching Resolutions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perrine
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:57 pm    Post subject: Caching Resolutions Reply with quote

New Years is the time to make Resolutions. Most of us (myself included) dont usually succeed in following through with our resolutions Rolling Eyes .

However, Id like to make some caching-related resolutions and share them with you. Add your resolutions to the list!

Next year when caching, I resolve to:
ALWAYS wear bug spray from March October
Really pick up the garbage I see in the parks
Double check the coordinates
Log my finds in a timely manner
Not whine on long hikes uphill both ways

What are YOUR resolutions?

King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take bottled water in my pack.

Mark where I park.
Jillibean
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is a resolution or a "best practice," but towlebooth and I found on our very first evening caching that we should always have a flashlight in our pack, even if it seems like we'll be home long before sunset. We had to sign the log by the light of the GPS, and then stumble along the path towards our car.
MNSledHead
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on what the King said. I have to remember to mark where the truckster is! I also resolve to keep some items for trading in he truckster so I don't get to the cache and find I have nothing to leave!

I also vow to keep trying to get my wife and daughter involved. Seems like everytime they come along we're doing fine and getting close to the cache only to round a corner and find a river that separates us from the cache. A short 2 mile hike would usually do it, but....

And finally, I want to place a couple more caches away from the metro area. Maybe even an extreme cache that requires an ATV or snowmobile to get to....

-MNSledHead
EelSid
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: my resolution Reply with quote

My resolution is to start remembering to bring a compass along caching. I frequently find myself not knowing the direction I am going because either the distance is too short and my GPS doesn't update in time or there is a lot of tree cover and my GPS doesn't update my direction for 100 feet or more.

MNSledHead, if you are snowmobile caching you should check out my Dragon's cache. It is on a snowmobile trail in the woods just north of Crosby. It's also hard to get to by vehicle as the road is so rough and rutted, especially after a rain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: