MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Geocacher Magazine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kumoorion
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Geocacher Magazine Reply with quote

Hey has anyone else seen this? or heard about it? Shocked Geocacher Magazine Shocked https://www.geocachermagazine.com/
Any thoughts or idea?

WOW take a look at this! http://www.geocachermagazine.com/quickpeek.html
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they sent the TCGCPC a promo piece to play on the podcast when they came out several months ago. The thing I don't like about them, is that they are strictly "old media" meaning they only put out a paper mag. or rather, they don't produce an online edition. Which is fine, but I'd prefer to see an online edition...but that did look cool.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks neat so far. I'd be more likely to subscribe.. but the $18/year is a bit much for a magazine that only has about 14 pages and only published every other month. On the other hand, $18 is pocket change with today's vast prosperity (even with debatable recession).
Geocacher Magazine
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Geocacher Magazine Reply with quote

Greetings-

I noticed the post on the MnGCA forum about the magazine.

Geocacher Magazine is a 68-page, bi-monthly, printed publication (now available in 42 states and 13 countries).

The online version is just a "sample" to give viewers an idea of what to expect. (Check out the online Table of Contents for more details).

Anyway, thought I'd let you know!

Cache On!

P.S. I'd welcome news from the MnGCA!

Michael Jacobus - Publisher
Geocacher Magazine
550 West Plumb Ln., Suite 444
Reno, NV 89509 U.S.A.
http://www.geocachermagazine.com
MSPMatt
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone subscribed to this or seen a copy in person yet? If so, I would like to hear your impressions.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another cacher that I know of (on another mailing list) paid for a subscription.

She inquired about the whereabouts of the first issue on March 26th and was told that it was at the printers and would be mailing out "any day".

I asked her what she thought about it yesterday and she told me she still hasn't received it.

Obviously I would be leery about it at this point...
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?s=b0f853c35dbc012a7bcf866abdc0d44c&showtopic=162917&st=250&p=3420003&#entry3420003
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Media Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: