MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joboo wrote:
Hello all, Wink

it was my understanding that the parks would be contacting us, did i miss read something along the way? Confused
just checking.

Peace,
Joboo

I thought so too, and some folks were contacted. However, I was planning a trip back home, which would take me past the park. I was hoping to take care of it at the same time, so I called the park and left a message. The park manager there called me back today. He is only there one day a week and has other parks to manage so he is busy. He told me they have a staff meeting tomorrow (3/26) that should be going over this. He anticipated getting the ammo can and materials then as well. I have a smaller park in a very rural area. There aren't many staff, 2 I think he said including himself, until Memorial Day. I just left a nice message on the voice mail, indicating who I was and what I was calling about and he returned my call when he returned to the park. If you have a small park, you may want to just leave a message. You should be able to find a phone number on the DNR site for the park.

My park manager is pretty excited about this too. He's really hoping we draw folks to the park. He is concerned that "the young folks" aren't getting out to the parks like they used to and is concerned about the general heath (financially or otherwise) of the park system.
joboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave from McCarthy Beach St. Park contacted me this morning, now we're playing phone tag. lol
Peace,
Joboo
joboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meet Dave at McCarthy Beach Park this afternoon, and set up a 3 stage multi for the park.
they had some really good ideas for each stage, so i just let them run with what they had.
Dave and i walked to each stage, and recorded the cords and we picked out 2 different final spots.
it should be a good hunt for everyone!!

Peace,
Joboo
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a contact list somewhere? I haven't heard from the park manager of my park yet, and I'd be glad to get ahold of him/her if I had a contact.
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I actually found the park on the DNR website along with a phone number. I just called and left a message for the park manager and will hopefully hear back soon.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would start contacting the park that you have adopted at this point since the caches need to go thru the DNR approval process to make sure they aren't placed in sensitive areas.

I'm going through the Guidline sheet and will post it here by Sunday at the latest. The park manager or the deligated contact at the park should also have the sheet. Just to make sure I will be posting it here after I read it completely and make sure any problems are addressed.

I am also sure that there will be issues I never even thought of as well.

ANYWAY, keep up the good work folks.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris Backlund, at Sakatah Lake SP, said they were given a 13 page document loaded with guidelines from their meeting last weel. I'll find out tomorrow what's in the document.
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talked with the park manager at Lake Maria yesterday, I'll be out there Thursday and Friday to find a spot and hide the cache.
herrwald
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going up to Mille Lacs Kathio tomorrow to meet with the assistant park manager and pick out hiding spots.
Anything in the guidelines I need to know before I go?
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard from my park liason and will be meeting with her tomorrow at the park to look at what they have in mind. Looking forward to it!
former hawkeye
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my Park Ranger, coordinates deadline is April 7th.
Saturday I got to take my coordinates with the ranger approving the location in person. I was surprised at the amount of snow(ice) on the trails. I placed one of my personal TBs in the box "Go Super Blue" as an extra treat Laughing
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met with the manager at Big Stone Lake yesterday, we set up a nice multi to showcase the areas of the park she wants people to see.
princessB
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep-co-ords in by April 7th...kick-off May 11th according to one of my park managers..he's got a lot of paperwork involved...so any x-tra help from us is greatly appreciated...i've got a demonstration park and am planning on helping out on their open house June 1st...and may need x-tra advise from any of you...thanks
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final changes to the sign up list are in. I'm going to make a HUGE mass email to everyone with the guidlines attached today (Monday, March 31, 2008) so everyone has them in their hands.

This thread is going to be locked and the future posts will be in the Challenge thread.

Park Relations --> Mn State Park Geocaching History Challenge
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: