MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Land of 10,000 Hides
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible then for someone to "publish" a weekly gpx file of all of MN? Could the MnGCA do something like that? Is there anyway the MnGCA can persuade GC to do this? I guess, I would think GC would be willing to do something like this.

Just Curious. Confused
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:
Is it possible then for someone to "publish" a weekly gpx file of all of MN? Could the MnGCA do something like that? Is there anyway the MnGCA can persuade GC to do this? I guess, I would think GC would be willing to do something like this.

Actually they're not.

http://www.geocaching.com/waypoints/agreement.aspx

Code:
Licensee shall not sell, rent, lease, sublicense, lend, assign, time-share, or transfer, in whole or in part, or provide access to the Data, Related Materials, any updates, or Licensee's rights under this Agreement to any third party whatsoever.

Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:
Is it possible then for someone to "publish" a weekly gpx file of all of MN?

The GPX files are pretty strictly controlled so I doubt that can be done.

On the topic of historic caches though. I got interested in the historic MN caches a while back and tried to figure out all caches placed in Minnesota during 2000-2001 and came up with this list: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=punSZ3GI4xwkXzzak2AytdQ&hl=en

I'm sure I'm missing some and I might have other mistakes in there as well. Please email me, gps@july15.com, if you have some good records of old caches or if you see some errors in the spreadsheet and I'll update/correct it.

-Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: