MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin POI Loader

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Garmin POI Loader Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed that Garmin has finally fixed the whole purple box around the custom cache icons? I got a new laptop and as I was installing stuff I went and reloaded my POI's to basically test it out, and to my surprise there is no longer a purple/pink box around the icon! The only thing I can think is I just downloaded POI loader from Garmin, so I think version 2.4.2 eliminates them if you haven't upgraded to it. Either that or it is officially the first reason Vista is better than XP... the only other difference between the two setups.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the custom geocaching icons, so all my caches look like the gc icons...haven't had that problem.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm talking about POI's and their wonderful look, does anyone know if it is even possible to change the symbol on the fly, ie, I've found the cache, can I change it to the found cache symbol in the field or not? I'm guessing no, but then again I'm fairly clueless about this aspect of POI's.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont' know of a way to change the POI icon on the fly, the reason is that the POI's are all put into various files depending on their type (multis, regs, puzzle, etc.) I don't believe that you can change the group on the unit. The Icons are shown based on the name of the file and the name of the icon, so to change the icon, you'd have to move the cache from one POI file/group to another.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: