MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, fargnot, for taking on Hayes Lake. That is the last for the Northwest Region.

Thanks, Pear Head, for taking on Moose Lake. That should take care of the Northeast Region.

The only two parks left are Monson Lake and Split Rock Creek in the southern region. I'm looking over the caches in those areas today for names of active geocachers by those parks.

I'm hoping to forward the list of contact information to the park managers on by the 13th of March. I'll be contacting those people today that haven't sent me their contact information yet. The contact information is so the a time can be set up for the adopter and adoptee to meet.

Also, feel free to stop by the Park that you've adopted and chat with either the Park Manager or the person that has been placed in charge of the project at the park.

I will be posting a synopsis of the teleconference on March 5th as soon as I get the list finished.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at upper sioux this weekend and chatted with the one in charge of this just briefly. I went to get my coin for completing the cache that is already in place at the park. She gave me a couple of Ideas as to where she would like to see one placed. I told her I would go and check these places out and let her know which I would think would work well for the cache. She also said that someone was in the process of getting the ammo cans ready. It sounds like they are all going to be prepared by someone up north and then distributed at their next meeting. She didn't say when that would be. I gave her my # so that she can let me know when they do get them. It sounds like they are all the smaller ammo can. The way it sounds they will all be painted and be ready to place.

I'm sure there is more info yet to come, but this is sounding good already.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the general idea, I'm sure there are some details that I'm forgetting. I am also sure that people will ask questions that will jog my memory.

Arrow The cacher will be the owner, the state will be listed second (DLHCacher and MnDNR for ex.) so that you get credit for the hide.

Arrow The park can keep an eye on the cache by putting it on their watch list.

Arrow The travel bugs will be listed under a single StateMnPark name for all of them and the local park will have to put their bug on a watchlist. It is up to the local park to assemble a TB. The dog tags for the TBs are being supplied by the state.

Arrow Ammo cans and contents are being supplied by the state and should be at the local park. The containers will be distributed at the regional meetings of the Mn State Parks of the next month.

Arrow There will be trackable geocoins awarded for completing the regional challenges as well as the state challenge.

Arrow Coordinates for the finals of the regional and state challenges will be at the park headquarters where the dummy coordinates are listed.
m&tcacheseekers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: southern state parks left Reply with quote

Esko,
i see a page back in the forum posts that msrubble is willing to take on
Monson lake. that would leave just split rock creek. Since we do travel a couple a times a month to South dakota and go past that park on each trip
we would be more than willing to help with that park also... Very Happy Laughing
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. I'll contact msrubble and see if she is still willing to take on Lake Monson.

If you're willing to take care of Split Rock Creek, that would be great.
msrubble
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I would be glad to take on Monson Lake. With it being so close to Sibley, it shouldn't be that much more trouble to maintain two caches rather than one.
m&tcacheseekers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: split rock creek Reply with quote

Yes we will take care of split rock creek..
There now that should put all parks having a MNGCA member working
with the parks for the challenge. We cant wait to get started with this.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill Annex Mine in the Hibbing area is the last one. I've contacted a couple of people on the range and I'm waiting for replys. If anybody wanted to take care of this one, let me know.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To put an end to the greatest geocaching drama in Minnesota this winter, will anyone take Hill Annex? I have outwrestled all other competitors for the honor of taking on this park.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thank you to EskoClimber for waiving my annual MnGCA membership fee.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
And thank you to EskoClimber for waiving my annual MnGCA membership fee.

Wow - he didn't make that offer to me! Maybe I should rescind my offer of taking Moose Lake...

Laughing

[For those not aware, there is no membership fee.]
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's he been doing with that money he has been collecting from some of us!?!? Wink Laughing
TheCollector
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got my meeting set up with my contact so hopefully my cache should be ready by the end of the month
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to give some credit to the Esko Climber, the DNR and all involved for making this happen. I think it is really impressive.

Thanks to you all!

KF
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I've been watching this thread and credit is certainly due. Good work Esko!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: