MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have a stadium TB handy?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Anyone have a stadium TB handy? Reply with quote

Or know of one nearby in the Cities? I'm heading to Boston next week for the NCAA Hockey Frozen Four. While we're there, we'll also be going to the Boston Red Sox home opener at Fenway. We won't have a car and thus won't be doing any caching out there, but we'd certainly be happy to take a bug or two and get some pictures for ya! LMK, thanks...

-Ken
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone have a stadium TB handy? Reply with quote

fsu*noles wrote:
Or know of one nearby in the Cities? I'm heading to Boston next week for the NCAA Hockey Frozen Four.

Cool
Have a great time and go Bulldogs!
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one that's lookin to go to major league ballparks. You even get extra credit for taking it to the game and attaching a ticket stub on it's travels. It's not mine, but I'll be stopping by the metrodome this weekend to take a picture outside.

You want to arrange a pickup?
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
I have one that's lookin to go to major league ballparks. You even get extra credit for taking it to the game and attaching a ticket stub on it's travels. It's not mine, but I'll be stopping by the metrodome this weekend to take a picture outside.

You want to arrange a pickup?

Just so you know the Twins' home opener is rapidly approaching, next week...

I brought that bug up from MO. Take good care of it. After 600+ miles I am half attached Smile
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
I have one that's lookin to go to major league ballparks. <snip> You want to arrange a pickup?

Hey, MOST definitely, thanks! I'll drop ya a note right after this post and we'll get it set up. The Twins opener is Monday, and we leave for Boston on Wednesday. The Red Sox home opener is Friday, and we'll be back in town on Monday - I think the TB owner will be very happy indeed!

Towlebooth, let me know if you need a puck, t-shirt, game program, replica Junior Lessard Hobey Baker Memorial Award, etc! Smile Regards,

-Ken
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't aware there was a game coming up so quick. I wonder if FSUnoles could take it to the Red Sox game and get it back to somebody up here for the Twins game?

Edit: Opps, spoke too soon. Looks like this bug is set for some goal accomplishments.
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
I wasn't aware there was a game coming up so quick. I wonder if FSUnoles could take it to the Red Sox game and get it back to somebody up here for the Twins game?.

Don't worry 'bout it, in all my excitement I wasn't being too clear...whoops!

Mon 4/5: Twins Home Opener
Wed 4/7: Leave for Boston
Th 4/8: NCAA Hockey Semis
Fri 4/9: Red Sox home opener
Sat 4/10: NCAA Hockey Championship
Mon 4/12: TB Back in the Cities for the next cacher!

Best regards,

-Ken
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that is a trip...better then a trip to a superbowl in my book...
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsu*noles wrote:

Mon 4/5: Twins Home Opener
Wed 4/7: Leave for Boston
Th 4/8: NCAA Hockey Semis
Fri 4/9: Red Sox home opener
Sat 4/10: NCAA Hockey Championship
Mon 4/12: TB Back in the Cities for the next cacher!

Killer trip! Personally I'd leave the bug there after the last game rather than bring it back. More teams and ballparks per square mile on the Eastern Seaboard than the midwest. Plus it could get trapped in the 10 bug hotels around here. . . Wink
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
Killer trip! Personally I'd leave the bug there after the last game rather than bring it back.

Laughing Thanks Kitch & Towlebooth, I'm looking forward to it - some friends of ours are making the exact same trip with the same games, except they're also going to the Bruins game on the evening of 4/7, right after they arrive in Boston. I think I'd suffer a case of sports overload if I tried that!

I'd *love* to leave the TB in Boston, but we don't have a car and I'm traveling with a semi-tolerant non-geocacher. I'll poke around and see if there are any along the subway lines close to downtown, ya never know - when we went to London in January, we found a U.K. geocaching page that superimposed a clickable cache map on top of the subway map...very cool! Regards,

-Ken
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun on your trip! You can walk to most of these caches faster than you can find a parking space in Back Bay...

Boston Cache Map
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rickrich, you are my hero! Very Happy The multi's look too hairy to try to convince Kev to go to, but a couple of the others look perfect for a TB drop after the Red Sox game. I just hope there's time to find a Kinko's (or something similar) to laminate the game ticket before I attach it to the bug!

At any rate, I did get the TB safely today from KC0GRN today (Nice to meet ya!). I love the MNGCA forums and users, lots o' nice, helpful folks, great ambassadors for the sport one and all! Cheers,

-Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: