MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lebanon Hills Region Park Official or an Imposter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Lebanon Hills Region Park Official or an Imposter Reply with quote

Does anyone know about this geocacher named borg0196 that has been leaving notes on all of the caches listed in Lebanon Hills? The account sports no information, no finds, nothing. But is leaving all kinds of notes acting as if they are a park official.

I'd use two of my caches as examples but I deleted the logs before I realized that whoever it is is leaving notes on many more caches. Geocache Decon Kit is one that comes to mind. I am checking for others.

My first hunch is that it is some ticked off cross country skier but now I am not sure. As far as I know, if Dakota County has a new policy, we'd have known about it?? Maybe??
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know. He's been a member of GC.com since the Jan07.

There are four caches that I find so far that have notes posted. All are relatively new being placed this year.

King of the Hill
Stars and Stripes
Decon Kit
Kermit the Frog

They all appear to have been found after the snows have fallen therefore trails have been leading to the cache area.

But who ever they are they know about geocaching and the web site and enough to figure out which cache it is.

Best is just to contact them and ask them.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dakota County's staff is aware of the MnGCA and I would guess if it were someone acting on official business and they had any problems that they would contact the Board.

I know park rangers have left their business cards in caches before and never had any more to say.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed the guy through gc.com and this is his response. Of course, his reply was still anonymous. I think he's an imposter... or at the very most, some park person of no authority.

BTW, the two my caches with his notes were:
Halloween 2007 - Give Me A Hand
Halloween 2007 - Dem Bones

His log note mentioned how we were lame and shouldn't be using the equestrian parking lot and that my caches should be removed.

Quote:
Hello, I work for the county in Lebanon Hills. I am not trying to offend anyone, just to inform of the parks rules.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I responded with the concept that if this was official that he should come out of hiding and contact the organization. I gave him the website address. But don't expect to see him anytime soon.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

One of my new caches in EP was also logged as "you are all lame" by an anonymous finder recentlythis fall, along with some cryptic quote about reading some book? That one wasn't logged electronically though.

Maybe this person just needs to come out of the geocaching closet and make peace with himself. Seems to be making a lot of finds for someone who thinks it is lame. Smile
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I emailed the guy through gc.com and this is his response. Of course, his reply was still anonymous. I think he's an imposter... or at the very most, some park person of no authority.

Sounds like it.

Quote:
His log note mentioned how we were lame and shouldn't be using the equestrian parking lot and that my caches should be removed.

Did he use the word "lame"? That would be a clue that he's not an authority figure... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: