MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West-Central MN: Grant, Traverse, and Wilkin Counties

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: West-Central MN: Grant, Traverse, and Wilkin Counties Reply with quote

We're working on the county challenge and KB indicated that placing a cache in a county was as acceptable as finding a cache in a county. So we're going up to the cabin this weekend and hope to place some caches.

Our cabin is very close to Grant, Traverse, and Wilkin Counties (it's in Starbuck), but it's up for sale so we're looking for a helper to maintain them once it's sold.

FormerHawkeye and geo06 - you are helping maintain one of ours in Mahnomen county. Are these too far south?

Thanks,
Patty and Bob
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - there is a cache in Grant County
Niemackl Cache by Yabut42

So you don't have to put cache there if you don't want to.
GEO06
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish we could help-but we don't get to that area often-sorry!
former hawkeye
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I traveled through these counties when I'm on the road to my in-laws in Sacred Heart, Minnesota.

I have been holding up in my warm nest with all this snow and cold weather. I would love a reason (excuse) for a road trip.

I will check on your caches!

Edited for a grammar mistake!

Last edited by former hawkeye on Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber wrote:
FYI - there is a cache in Grant County
Niemackl Cache by Yabut42

So you don't have to put cache there if you don't want to.

Howa bout Delorme.
Are they all covered?
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, all the pages are covered except for page 92. I was forced to use an archived cache that still exists in Roseau. The container is still there inside the tree with a perfectly good log book.
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pleased to report that we did not have to place any caches to satisfy our county/page objectives. Somehow, in 10-12" of snow, we managed to knock of 7 counties (including Grant, Wilkin, and Traverse) and 7 pages. Thanks FormerHawkeye, for the offer. We grabbed one of your caches to satisfy page 59 Smile

That being said, we have an issue with one of our caches not appearing in our county .gif. Yes, we know, it's not about the numbers. But heck, the highlight of our Sunday is to come home stinky and road-weary and get an updated county map. We found GC16PQ6, Sunnybrook Tuck, and really worked hard for it. However, even though our GSAK shows it as Wadena county, our .gif from It's Not About the Numbers does not show it.

Any ideas????
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a new cache that no one else has submitted to itsnotaboutthenumbers then it takes them a while to determine where the cache is located (I think they say something like 10 minutes).

At the bottom of your county list for all counties will be a block that says which caches aren't calculated yet. If there's nothing there then try refreshing the page to see if it's been included yet.

Otherwise, if it's been calculated but it's wrong, then I'd email them.
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Former Hawkeye...we were caching in your neck of the woods yesterday and it was never above zero, even in the middle of the day Rolling Eyes

As we were coming from Breckenridge to Barnsville, there was the most beautiful house on 9 (Main Street) on the right side. Brick, all decked out with Christmas lights, gorgeous. Is that yours Very Happy We would have loved to stop by for something warm.
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey PearHead...we see the message you refer to. Guess we'll just have to be patient. Thanks!
former hawkeye
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry-wrong house. I live in SOUTH Moorhead, where the temperatures are always balmy Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Central MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: