MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for help in the Fairmont area

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Looking for help in the Fairmont area Reply with quote

I am looking for some cache help in the Fairmont area.

Fairmont is my home town. I have traveled through here in the past few years and been surprised by the lack of caches in this area. I would like to place a couple of caches in town. I have a couple of them already to go, except...

Here is where I could use the help. I currently live in Saint Cloud, about 130 miles north of Fairmont. Our MN cache reviewer, Surfer Joe is concerned about timely "Cache Maintanence" given this distance. If I can provide SJoe with a name of a Southern MN Cacher willing to help me maintaint these caches, the caches could gain his approval. I am hoping that once I prove my ability to maintain more remote caches that this will not be an issue for me in the future.

If this is something that might interest you please let me know. You can write back here, pm or email me. Feel free to look me up if you're ever in the Saint Cloud area.

Thanks for your consideration,

Kurt Franke
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still looking for a cache partner on a couple of caches I have placed in Sourthern MN. I have a couple of caches ready to go but have the need for a more "local" cacher to gain approval.

If I don't hear anything in the next week or two I will have to head back down and pick up the caches. That okay, too.

Thanks again for your consideration,

Kurt Franke
mabutter
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried to contact any of the cachers that have placed caches in the surrounding area? I know there are several active cachers within 30 minutes of that area but they are not on htis forum. Good luck!
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early on I tried looking at some of the local caches and the cachers profiles. I forget why I rejected that. I will try following up on it some more. Thanks for the idea.

I also forget that there are cachers out there that don't look at the forums. Thanks for the reminder.

Cache on!

Kurt
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I ended up pulling the caches out of the Fairmont. Didn't get much of a response to my request.

Thanks to all who took the time to look this over. I appreciate the email and pms I recieved as well.

I am sure there will be more caches in Fairmont someday, when there are more cachers in the area.

Later,

Kurt Franke
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far is Fairmont from Minneapolis?

Can you give me a GC number for one you've found?
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King,

Fairmont is around 120 miles from Minneapolis. Mapquest has it at 150 mile via the I94 and I35. We always drive through Mankato on 169.

The cache I found in Fairmont was called "Cedar Creek Park" GC1876, hidden by someone called the "Grizz"?

I spoke with ZoeJam72 at your "Halloween Hoopla" event. Zoe said they would be glad to help me monitor this one. I appreciated that. In the end I just decided to take down the caches I had attempted to place there. I figured it was just simpler for me.

Kurt
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I could have fun in Fairmont. Very Happy
83pony
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Fairmont caches Reply with quote

Just noticed the search for a caretaker for caches in the Fairmont area. Too bad I didn't notice it earlier, before you took them out. My Grandnephew mvickfan lives in Fairmont. He might have been willing to take care of your caches in Fairmont area. Try contacting him if you decide to replace them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Southern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: