MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday Caching Social Club - St. Cloud: Nov 4, 2007 2pm
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Sunday Caching Social Club - St. Cloud: Nov 4, 2007 2pm Reply with quote

Since no one has really set a time and location for next Sunday in St. Cloud. How does 2:00 on Nov. 4th in St. Cloud at Wilson Park sound for starters? Seeing that I have never been to a group caching event. I may need some help picking some local caches for those attending to venture out to. I have a fairly new mystery/multi placed here and there are some fairly close. Please submit ideas and feedback.

Check out GC16T30 - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=638ab34e-2a9c-48cf-ac30-3aee9337e083

The posted coordinates at the geocache above will get you to the parking lot of Wilson Park.

BRL
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BRL for abit of organization. I am sorry I won't be able to attend, gotta work.

Where are you guys going to be meeting for drinks and eats?

Don't worry about the caches. Just pick 3 and go with it. I am sure it will be a blast. People with pre or post cache anyways.

See you later.

Kurt Franke
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in.
I will be caching my way down from Grand Rapids.
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Eats and Drinks Reply with quote

Haven't thought that far in advance. But I'll work on that in the next day or two. What might be a good time to have a eats/drinks? We are setting the clocks back that day so it will be darker an hour earlier.

BRL

If you haven't done this puzzle/multi yet, save it for this weekend. It seems like most have enjoyed the cache. Any thoughts on some nearby caches that would be good to hit together. I have also tried contacting truthseeker3377 about his multi in the park that is disabled and would be willing to do some maintenance on the stages to make this cache available as well. I have placed a few others on the Mississippi River in Sauk Rapids as a thought, but I would also like to find some.

Last edited by bigred_librarian on Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
former hawkeye
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could come down this Sunday-but I have another commitment. I hope to come down in December and cache in the Granite City again!
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Eats and Drinks Reply with quote

bigred_librarian wrote:
Haven't thought that far in advance. But I'll work on that in the next day or two. What might be a good time to have a eats/drinks?

When ever we finish the caches you outlined or us.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might show up for this, if I'm not wiring my garage. The guy putting my garage up spent the whole day over at the train wreck/spill site over in Clara city, he is a fireman for the town. Hopefully he will be back at it on Tuesday.

As of right now Hwy 7 is still closed over the overpass. I guess MNDOT has to wait until they get the cars away from the bridge and inspect the bridge to make sure it is still safe for traveling over. Residents still aren't being allowed to return to their homes. That should happen later this evening. There were a couple of people from work here that were actually leaving town there about that time. They weren't sure what had happened, but they said it was just like going through white-out conditions in a blizzard. This was just after it had happened, before emrgency crews had a chance to get there. At least there weren't any injuries that I am aware of. This is only about 17 miles from me.

They are still advising people to avoid town if they possibly can. They did reopen hwy 23, but that is all the closer people are allowed to get.

Personally I wouldn't want to get even close to this. We use this same chemical here in much smaller amounts and that is still pretty strong, so I can imagine what a rail car full of this would be like all over the ground.
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: How many are still interested? Reply with quote

If you have been lurking and plan on attending please post your intentions. Right now, it sounds like 2 maybe 3 people. With that sort of turn out, I debate about moving the event to another weekend or waiting until December when deer hunting is done.

I am also a huge(as anybody who knows me can attest too) New England Patriots football fan and they play a big game on Sunday at 3:00 against the Colts. I was going to TIVO it if we had a big turnout, but if it is only going to be Merkman and me. Maybe we wait.

Please post your intentions, if more are interested, I'll try to gather up some other caches to find that day as well.

BRL
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: How many are still interested? Reply with quote

bigred_librarian wrote:
I am also a huge(as anybody who knows me can attest too) New England Patriots football fan and they play a big game on Sunday at 3:00 against the Colts.

I think you should have it even if it is a turnout of 2 or 3.

We can cache from 2-3 then go to a sportsbar for the game.
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am doing everything I can to hopefully attend. Last night a WeekNIGHT it was only Red_Devil35 and myself. It a great time as usual. I agree with Merkman, don't let the number of people attending make it an issue of still doing it. Sometimes people will decide that day and show up.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on November 4 and will be unable to attend. Darn it.
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Another cache in the park!! Reply with quote

I am in the process of fixing up another cache in this park. I am adopting one already there which was disabled. The cache is http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=cf36a479-9922-4852-80ff-5746b3fc7bd3

GCZ48K Wilson Park Challenge (FKTF #2) was established by Truthseeker3377.

I'll also find a few more which are close to this park.
msrubble
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on being there. CatsInTheHatsHouse might come too. They asked me about events, but I don't know if the timing of this one works for them.

If you bring a boat, we could get Wilson Park: "Lone Tree Island".

Besides the two multis in the park, the closest caches on that side of the river are recycled skater and What bridge? Probably not much fun for bigred_librarian. Across the river, near Hester Park, there are some caches that he didn't hide.
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: I fixed the other multi in the park Reply with quote

I fixed the other multi in the park by Truthseeker3377 with his permission. I have a micro planned for this park as well. We'll see if surfer joe gets it up and working before sunday afternoon.

Maybe Roster's Sports bar after the caching event. I think maybe 4:00.

I have found most of the caches close to here as well, but it would be fun to watch people solve M?ss?ss?pp? R?ver Mult? as well as the other one.

BRL
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a set list of caches that you want to try for? I am just curious? If I do get the chance to show up it would be nice to have them loaded in the GPSr already, rather than take time to load them while going from cache to cache. They aren't as far with the garage as expected with the wind the last few days. I haven't done many in the area so I'm fairly certain they would all be new to me.

Hope to be able to make this, but we'll see. I have to take care of my retirement stuff for guards in the morning, not sure how long that will take though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: