MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October 2007 Cache of the Month - VOTE HERE

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be the October 2007 Cache of the Month?
Mountain Goat
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Walk on Water
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Kitchen Cove Cache
38%
 38%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 21

Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: October 2007 Cache of the Month - VOTE HERE Reply with quote

This vote will run from October 25th through October 31th 2007.

GCHXB9 - Mountain Goat by Candy Apple Green
Nominated by TheGilby3
I have been waiting to nominate Mountain Goat by Candy Apple Green since we completed it last year, until this fall. The reason being, is that to get the absolute most out of this cache, it should be done in the fall during the changing colors of the trees. In over two years of caching, this cache has given me one of my all time favorite memories, and it is for sure one of my top five favorite hides. All three of TheGilby3 did this well hidden, clever multi right at the peak of the color change (Oct 4th 2006). The hike was breathtaking, with photo opportunities at every twist and turn of the trail. I can not speak highly enough of this cache. If you haven't done it, this fall is the perfect time to do it. The cool air, with the water below you, and the river banks FILLED with reds, yellows, oranges, purples, greens, and browns. AWESOME! Not to mention, the final hide was placed exactly where I wanted it to be. We found this one in very early October last year. So, if you plan on getting to this one during the peak, you may have to act fast. To me, this is what caching is all about!

GC144CK - Walk on Water by bmoren
Nominated by dachebo
Every so often I’ll find a geocache that rises slightly above the best ones I’ve encountered lately. Walk on Water is one such cache. A first hide by bmoren, It’s three and a half star terrain rating could probably be dropped a star on a nice day. I enjoyed it and hope you do too.

GCY00P - Kitchen Cove Cache by annakido
Nominated by 83pony
I would like to submit Kitchen Cove Cache, as October cache of the month. It was hidden by annakido, who is a very experienced cacher and cache planter in her own right. The cache lends some very interesting hiking, and near climbing, but is friendly for nearly anyone who likes a good hike, especially in the hills around Winona. The area is very beautiful, and the view is gorgeous from the area of the cache, where you can see for miles up and down the Mississippi River, the city of Winona, and Wisconsin. I recommend you take a drive to Winona this month (Oct.) and enjoy the autumn colors and sites of Winona and the surrounding area, and check out annakido's Kitchen Cove Cache.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEVEN votes?? Do we need to start a controversy to get peoples attention here? Wink Wink
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
SEVEN votes?? Do we need to start a controversy to get peoples attention here? Wink Wink

I think the previous controversies are why there are only seven votes.

What way do you want it?
Only people who have been to the cache to vote or the “popularity contest”?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merkman wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I think the previous controversies are why there are only seven votes.

GREAT. We've got one started.

merkman wrote:
What way do you want it?
Only people who have been to the cache to vote or the “popularity contest”?

Ideally, only people that have been to the cache. However, totally eliminating popularity contests will never happen. So, in that case, if you vote on popularity, at least do the nominees the courtesy of pretending you've been there.

I forgot to mention to you that I qualified my original post with a WINK WINK. meaning, ... oh, forget it ... I don't want to attack you or start an off-topic rant. I've voted for the only cache I visited.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found two of the three, one of the few times I can say that, and while it was a difficult choice I chose the one I thought was more worthy.

Regardless of what people's reasons for voting are, I think the biggest thing about COTM is notifying the reading usership of this site what some people think are the best caches out there. I would have likely stumbled upon Kitchen Cove eventually but based on how we normally cache "big days", the terrain would have eliminated it as a possibility. I'm glad that 83pony pointed out that gem and gave me an excuse to do several other fantastic caches in Winona while we were at it.
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I don't want to attack you or start an off-topic rant.

Thank You
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And down the strech they come! It could be a photo finish!

(Basically, just posting to get this to this some last minute attention)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: