MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April cache of the month

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: April cache of the month Reply with quote

Wow spring really is approaching! Please submit your April cache of the month nominations (and nomination articles) to me via email or PM by March 15th.

Images are not required but cool.

Rules and guidelines for nomination are over Arrow here.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: April cache of the month Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
Wow spring really is approaching! Please submit your April cache of the month nominations (and nomination articles) to me via email or PM by March 15th.

Do you think it is possible that we could get a list of all the past caches of the month in a single location so that we know which ones have already won the honor?

Silent Bob
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: April cache of the month Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:

Do you think it is possible that we could get a list of all the past caches of the month in a single location so that we know which ones have already won the honor?

Arrow This is what we have right now but a better list where we don't have to click into an article is a good idea.

I'll try and get something together this week.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check this out....I'm planning my trip to alabama....so I went to the local groups forumns to look for maybe a cache of the month.....

Yep good place to look for one...3/1/4 they picked one that was well Um...
archived by me on 2/24/4...
reason
I saw this post on the cache...

I visited the site yesterday to confirm the bad news. Here is what the sign said:
Geocaching is Prohibited On This Refuge
This Letter will serve as notice that Geocaching is prohibited on federal lands, specifically lands owned or leased by the US Fish and Wildlife Service. This office has recieved information that individuals associated with this act of Geocaching have been placing and searching for caches on National Wildlife Refuges throughout the United States, and specifically on Bon Secour Wildlife Refuge.
The Placement of any object on Wildlife Refuge is a violation of several federal regulations including the following:
16USC668dd, 50CFR 27.93 Abandonment of property
16USC668dd, 50CFR 26,21A Trepass
16USC668dd, 50CFR 27.63 Search for and removal of other valued objects.
16USC668dd, 50CFR 27.97 Private operations
Other violations of Federal Law may apply.

The maximum fine for each specific violation per personis up to $5,000.00 and or 6 months in jail. The maximum penalty for a corporation involved is up to $10,000.00 and 1 year in jail per offense.

Federal Officers have begun prosecuting individuals involved in Geocaching on National Wildlife Refuge which result in a permanent Criminal record following conviction in a federal court. To report this activity contact the Refuge office at 12295 Hwy 180 or 251/540-7720

I'm suprised they nominated an archived cache....so for everybody making nominations and voting....(be informed)
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I still nominate for April? It's after March 15, but I don't see a poll up yet...

-Aaron
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can nominate anytime, but new nominations will be held until May.

I'll get April's up tomorrow. Sorry for the delay - I blame the competition. . . Razz
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
You can nominate anytime, but new nominations will be held until May.

I'll get April's up tomorrow. Sorry for the delay - I blame the competition. . . Razz

Blame Sniper Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: