MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elk River Area

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNSearchers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Elk River Area Reply with quote

OK so is anyone in the Elk River area? I mean this little town would be considered the metro area right?
We will be moving here soon. As soon as we sell our house in Sioux Falls SD we will be relocating. We are really anxious as we are dying to get our hands on some of the 12,000 caches in the states of MN and WI. While in Sioux Falls we were sorta the leader in planning events and such. There are many things different in placing caches in MN versus SD so as soon as we move and get acquainted with the area, we will be placing caches and if no one else is planning events in this area, we will get together with any locals and plan some events. Don't want to step on any toes though so if someone from the area is already planning events we would love to be able to help. Fall caching rocks and I can't wait!! Good vibes from all you is needed to us to sell this house quick and get on with the moving process! Theres caches out there waiting for us!! Laughing
Brian and Laurie (SoDak Searchers3) and Mykell (mckell) SaxPlyr
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let me be the first to welcome you! It sounds like you're highly motivated cachers, and will be a great addition to the caching community here.

I'm not aware of any events happening in the Elk River area, but I'm sure if you plan a few, you'll see a decent attendance (count me in for sure). I'd consider Elk River in the outskirts of the Metro, but if I know the local crowd, they'd drive that far for events, or caching in general. I know the local cachers here will all appreciate your presence in the area.

BTW, I think I've seen your caching name pop up on waymarking.com, I'm guessing you're fairly active with that as well?
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!!!

I hope you guys like Mexican food. lol

You might want to check out the Mn Central Burrito Buddies 4

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=578bfe36-b8b5-4a81-8745-3fa13217a604

As far as events in this area... load them up we don't have enough. I live about 15 miles North East of Elk River.

Once again Welcome, I hope to meet you some day!!!

-merkman
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the pleasure of meeting SoDak Searchers3 and SaxPlyr yesterday in Renville MN while caching. Just talked for a short time before heading our seperate ways but they seem like great people and will make a great addition to our caching community. Looking forward to seeing them at events and out caching.
MNSearchers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Motivated? Reply with quote

I do not know about motivated, addicted that may be the real truth. We enjoy it, for the most part as a family but have met some great people at events. We enjoy fall and winter caching as some of the irritants found during the summer are no longer in play. 2 feet of snow can be a bad thing during the winter months though Cool
Geowife is the Waymarker, she "owns" the following categories: Country Churches, US National Parks, ND IA and NE Historical markers. Way to many things on Waymarking in my opinion. We like the historical nature which is why we do some of those categories, we try to get caches involved in that somehow as well. I do not see the appeal of waymarking McDonalds for example, but if that is what floats your boat, don't let me get in your way. There should be some niche for everyone in Waymarking. Me I prefer Tupperware in the woods.
I also go by KC0RWZ, recently took advantage of the FCC's no code upgrade policy and upgraded to General. Haven't had much time to get into that hobby lately though.
As for the Burrito Buddies if we are here then we will be there then... if that makes any sense LOL. We are more of the Lutefisk (BARF) buddies with our Scandinavian bloodlines but burritos will work, in more ways than one Twisted Evil, Looks like a great opportunity to cache ST Cloud and beyond.
Was a little weird meeting Minnesota Brad all the way in Renville, he was chasing MN counties, I know we have the SW portion of the state covered for counties but that is about it. Another thing too do
Shocked
Thanks to all for the hellos, looking forward to getting the move done and on with the caching!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: