MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August nominations?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: August nominations? Reply with quote

Is it too early to nominate something?

My sister sunsetglory and I did bflentje's Cannon River canoe caching series today (5 accessible by canoe only, one is "Cannon River Bend" and it was a fantastic caching experience! Kayaking, swimming, lunching, caching on a gorgeous little river. I also appreciated that you can rent canoes or kayaks at an outfitter in Cannon Falls and make all the finds on the 8-mile float from there, which is nice for those of us who don't have boats. I highly recommend this fun caching experience!!
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: August nominations? Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
Is it too early to nominate something?

Not at all, nominations are always welcome! I've added GC138K7, Cannon River Bend to the list of nominated caches in August. Thanks!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't done this before, so let me know if I'm not doing it right, but...

I'd like to nominate Mastermind by pfalstad

Pfalstad and others have done had some great puzzle caches in the past, but not only did this one take a LOT of work on his side setting up, but it's a fantastic puzzle and it takes you to an absolutely beautiful location as well.

I've been to some beautiful cache locations and done some great puzzles, but the combination of this great puzzle & beautiful location make this one standout above the rest. Thanks.

Last edited by msteffel on Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msteffel wrote:
Haven't done this before, so let me know if I'm not doing it right, but...

I'd like to nominate <a href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC11PYB">Mastermind</a> by pfalstad

Not required, but I second that nomination!
annakido
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: August Nominations Reply with quote

Hi, I'd like to nominate the Plow Line Trail set of caches, by 83Pony. This is an awesome trail with 12 geocaches planted strategically along it. The trail meanders through forest and meadow, past panoramic vistas, fields and meadows of wildflowers, and luscious berries (in season). This is a 4-season trail, though some of the hides may be more challenging when the snow flies Very Happy.

Many of the hides themselves are also unique in the type of container used; 83Pony has devised some really creative cache containers that also make the trail a unique challenge. He also hid them at various elevations, i.e. not all hides are on the ground under various forms of cover.

Though at times the GPS indicates that the cache lies in a direction that requires intense bushwacking, if one just ignores that impulse and continues along the trail it will wind around and get to the desired waypoint without undue excess walking. In other words, no walking 2 miles of trail to reach a waypoint that is 500 ft. away Confused it takes truly only a few more minutes to take the "long way" and is actually faster than the "short-cut" of bushwacking.

This series starts with GCQMR8 and concludes with GC13A8J. It's an awesome geocaching experience.
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: August Nominations Reply with quote

TheLoneCacher wrote:
Hi, I'd like to nominate the Plow Line Trail set of caches, by 83Pony.

TheLoneCacher, I've added GCQMR8 to the list of nominated caches for September.

-Jonas
annakido
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Plow Line recommended for Sept. Reply with quote

Awesome Very Happy . Thanks Jonas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: