MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hennepin County Property Information Search Site

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paklid
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Hennepin County Property Information Search Site Reply with quote

The assessor's website for Hennepin county has been upgraded to include oblique photos. I don't know if I like having so much information just a click away, but scouting Hennepin county with a combination of google.earth and this new set of aerial photos might be convenient for cache placers.

http://www2.co.hennepin.mn.us/pins/index.jsp
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Hennepin County Property Information Search Site Reply with quote

Paklid wrote:
The assessor's website for Hennepin county has been upgraded to include oblique photos. I don't know if I like having so much information just a click away, but scouting Hennepin county with a combination of google.earth and this new set of aerial photos might be convenient for cache placers.

http://www2.co.hennepin.mn.us/pins/index.jsp

I've used this site a number of times because the images must have been taken in the fall and show much less tree cover than Google Maps.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're just using maps.live.com's data. Just use that site in the first place and you don't have to worry about going through Hennepin County's site.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=rh6ktq77hz21&style=o&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=6114281&encType=1

I have been using it when doing research for houses we have been looking at in WBL. We haven't actually found any that were worth the prices they were asking however.
Paklid
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SB, that is much better - cool oblique photos without snooping on people's financials.

Hey, I think I see myself mowing the lawn.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paklid wrote:
SB, that is much better - cool oblique photos without snooping on people's financials.

I just wish that Google would get off their dead, dying, rear-ends and add that support to their site. I honestly feel dirty using Microsoft's product and I really hate the interface (too much crap on the screen).
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
They're just using maps.live.com's data. Just use that site in the first place and you don't have to worry about going through Hennepin County's site.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=rh6ktq77hz21&style=o&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=6114281&encType=1

I have been using it when doing research for houses we have been looking at in WBL. We haven't actually found any that were worth the prices they were asking however.

Very cool, thanks SB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: