MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Computer issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Computer issue Reply with quote

Not really directly geocaching related, even though it happened after I filled up a 512mb micro SD card in my GPS - the windows I have open no longer appear on my task bar. I've tried right clicking on my taskbar, and can't find how to make the windows show up on it, I've also tried refreshing, ran a scan of my Windows programs, poked around in the control panel, etc. Is there a simple solution to this that I'm missing, or am I going to have to get some experts to look at my computer? Right now, my work-around is to go to my task manager to see the windows I have open. Since I do have a work around, it's only mildly frustrating at this point, but can eventually get really annoying, and since I'm back home, I don't have an S-6 shop anymore that can come over in 5 minutes and fix my computer.
IBcrashen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this. Third one down is free to use.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

copy all of it. dont know why the !.htm at the end doesnt hyperlink with it.

Last edited by IBcrashen on Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into your tool bar properties and make sure that the lock is not on. If it is you won't get anything added.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried restarting your computer? I know that often times people forget to do this, and it often fixes the problem.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IBCrashen - the link you posted is the one that worked. It did freak out both my antivirus and spy sweeper, but I told them to allow the program, and it worked like a champ. Thanks a bunch. As I said in the OP, the problem I was having was really frustrating, and Windoze doesn't have a simple "click here, stupid" solution (big flipping suprize there!!!).
IBcrashen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it worked. Makes all the hours I spent , sweating, girlfriend neglecting, no sleep, eyes going buggy looking for it worth it. OK, it was more like 10 seconds of googling and looking. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: