MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sneak Peek Garmin's coming iQue 3600, PDA & GPS.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
berg0449
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Sneak Peek Garmin's coming iQue 3600, PDA & GPS. Reply with quote

Garmin plans to come out in 2nd quarter this year with a PDA and GPS all in one. For more information see http://www.garmin.com/products/iQue3600/

Not that I have plans to get one. Wonder how good the GPS part or the PDS part will be.
Jillibean
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that my Handspring Visor PDA has a GPS attachment you could buy, so I guess this is not that different. I'm sure my Visor doesn't respond to voice-guidance commands - wow!

I didn't get that GPS attachment for my PDA because I've always been a little hesitant to take something so expensive into the rain and snow. Some people do cache with them, though, and like it.
CB-GPSERS
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: This could be so great....but.... Reply with quote

It's not going to be waterproof!!!! ARG!!! Mad What a disappointment Sad . The memory card would be so nice, Mapsource 4.01 maps are so huge Crying or Very sad . Being able to take voice notes and use a touch screen would be a great addition.

Last edited by CB-GPSERS on Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty happy with my Vista and iPAQ--my only problem is that my USB-port-only notebook doesn't like the driver for my Belkin serial-to-USB adapter, so I'm three or four firmware upgrades behind with the Vista, but it seems to work fine with it's current software version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: