MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March 2007 - Cache of the Month Nominees

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: March 2007 - Cache of the Month Nominees Reply with quote

The nominated caches for March 2007 are:

GCXBZF - The Total Saturation Tour: KB's Last Cache by Hnts2Mch
Nominated by merkman
This is a great puzzle cache. It has a great history honoring KB and maybe some of his future caches? You can tell there was some thought to this one. The puzzle is not only fun but very doable for most people and the cache find is perfect for a puzzle cache. Try it I am sure you will like it.

GCMJV9 - Headlamp Hijinx by sui generis
Nominated by LucidOndine
I found this one sometime last fall with a small group of cachers. This is a multistage night cache designed to test your wits, and in our case, our dumb luck. It is best to do with a small group of cachers, as the solution to it becomes very evident so there really is no second guessing if you're right or wrong. It'd be amusing to watch others discover its' secret-- that is, if you're fortunate enough to solve it first. An overall very enjoyable walk through the woods that'll leave you grinning.

As previously discussed, the vote will not start until March 24th to allow everyone time to find the nominated caches. Also, please feel free to post reviews or thoughts on the nominated caches in this thread if you have found them.
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: GCYYW3 Wam! Pow! Sok! by bflentje Reply with quote

Wow! Pow! Sok! I haven't had a physical and mental challenge like this one since Silent Bob's Stonehenge. It took me longer to decide to sign it than it did to find it, and even then I wasn't sure I was up to it. My only wish is that I had eight more caches before it so that this could have been my 400th milestone cache.
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Knowschad,

I'll add GCYYW3 to the list of nominated caches for April.
Da Bloodhound
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: April COM nomination Reply with quote

Jonas, I would like to nominate Freight Train Blues cache, #GC108WR, for the Cache of the Month honor. Owners Knowschad and Candy Apple Green have combined on a dandy cache. The two evil doers have combined a cache that can be a real challange to get to as well as one that demonstrates a superior degree of clever camoflage. They have done a GREAT job. Da Bloodhound
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: