MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeep travel Bugs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dardevle
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Jeep travel Bugs Reply with quote

I have a question about the Jeep Travel bugs. Being that the Lakers game pieces are now "collectibles", Does the same thing apply to the Jeep travel bugs? I only ask that because now the 2006 and previous years contest are now over. I've seen alot still out there but some have gone missing. I'm not one to collect things like that but I was just curious. I might have just answered my own question. There are still alot out there being tracked. What are your opinions?
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MnGCA was able to decomission the Laker game pieces so they're now able to be pulled out and collected, but the jeeps are still actively trackable just like any other geocoin or travelbug. Even though the games associated with the game pieces have ended, people still enjoy finding jeeps, moving them, and winding them up and pushing them across the WeekNIGHT caching beer/food table. Cool In short, they're active pieces of the geocaching "game" at large.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to agree with Lucid.. The lakers belonged to the MnGCA in a sense. The jeeps belong to gc.com in a sense. Until (and this will never happen) gc.com releases their hold on them, I would consider it stealing to add a jeep (or any other TB) to a private collection.
dardevle
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Thanks for the response. I picked up a Green jeep this weekend and will place it soon. I didn't think they were considered collectable but was just curious. I do agree that collecting a trackable of any kind, weather it is a geo-coin or TB, stealing also. They are out there for people to discover and move on. Thanks again.

Dardevle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: