MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

you're either into caching, or you aren't.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trypnotic79
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i took my brother along on my first few caches ... he immediately got interested and wasted no time getting a GPSr. i'd like to take claim for converting him but i haven't noticed any logged visits on his end since that weekend in december Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes there is a delayed reaction, especially when its cold Smile. When I started, I did 3 right away at the end of October 2002, then didn't do anymore until the middle of March 2003, when I got hooked. So your brother might just be waiting for ice-out Smile.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickrich wrote:
Sometimes there is a delayed reaction, especially when its cold Smile. When I started, I did 3 right away at the end of October 2002, then didn't do anymore until the middle of March 2003, when I got hooked. So your brother might just be waiting for ice-out Smile.

That's true. Many people start the sport in the summer months - you'd have to be a real freak to get hooked in the winter. Isn't that right Moe? Twisted Evil
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
That's true. Many people start the sport in the summer months - you'd have to be a real freak to get hooked in the winter. Isn't that right Moe? Twisted Evil

All of us that cache (established before the summer or not) are freaks for caching when it is 10 or below Wink

Silent Bob
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
whatsagps wrote:
I warned them it was addicting..but they never listen Rolling Eyes

You should direct them to talk to RJ. He has over 400 finds and he's "Not Addicted". Wink

I'm not addicted, I can quit anytime I want, really, I can...

-Dave R.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drat19 wrote:
I'm not addicted, I can quit anytime I want, really, I can...

And I don't like to "Get Sauced" Wink

Silent Bob
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
you'd have to be a real freak to get hooked in the winter. Isn't that right Moe?

Most of last winter didn't count as winter. I remember caching in Long Lake Park in January with my coat unzipped, my hat stuffed into my pocket, and sweat running down my face. I choose to not remenber those 20 below days along Rice Creek. Wink
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe the Sleeze wrote:
Most of last winter didn't count as winter. I remember caching in Long Lake Park in January with my coat unzipped, my hat stuffed into my pocket, and sweat running down my face. I choose to not remenber those 20 below days along Rice Creek. Wink

Point Exclamation
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a log for "Old Man"

Quote:
davidkrump found Hot Wax: Old Man (Traditional Cache) at 10/21/2004

Log Date: 10/21/2004
Visiting MN from MD on business, I hoped to have enough time to find a cache and bring home a travel bug. Stopped at "Old Man" on the way to the airport with just enough time.

Parked and walked over the humps in my dress clothes to exact area indicated. Almost gave up when I spotted it, right as indicated and a very good spot. You will understand the Neil Young reference when you find it. Very clever.

Took the travel bug back to Maryland to place in another cache. Left a laser pointer, tape measure, life saver, and lens wipe. Signed the log.

My first "out of town" cache and my first exchange for a travel bug. Called Bethany as soon as I got back in the car and explained geocaching and travel bugs to a fellow traveler (who then got up and walked away, LOL). Thanks so much. Cookie tin is a good idea and alternative to the standard Tupperware container.

Made it back to the airport a little pressed for time. Had to go through an extended security check and they handed my shoes back to me with mud and grass still stuck to the bottom. This was the highlight of my short trip to MN.

Can't wait to go out with Bethany and relocate the bug. He may not make it back to Canada for Thanksgiving but he will see the East Coast for a little while anyway.

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: