MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minnesota Unite for Diabetes Travel Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it Thanks FlagFinder!!
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAH! My friends MaxB on the River picked up TB1C2MA, bound for Buffalo MN! I will be meeting them in St Louis over Easter, and if my begging and pleading goes well, will be able to bring it home to it's intended destination right after that. How cool is that? I bet it won't be too difficult for me to get some pictures around Buffalo, but the big question is, once it's achieved it's goal and made it here, just what the heck should I do with it next???

-Ken
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsu*noles wrote:
WAH! My friends MaxB on the River picked up TB1C2MA, bound for Buffalo MN! I will be meeting them in St Louis over Easter, and if my begging and pleading goes well, will be able to bring it home to it's intended destination right after that. How cool is that? I bet it won't be too difficult for me to get some pictures around Buffalo, but the big question is, once it's achieved it's goal and made it here, just what the heck should I do with it next???

-Ken

Give it to me and well drop it in Vegas and see if it can get back to Buffalo, MN again. Wink
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:
Give it to me and well drop it in Vegas and see if it can get back to Buffalo, MN again. Wink

LOL sure, there's ONE idea! Smile I'm a bit slow, so it took awhile, but it occured to me that what they pr'bly did was release one bound for each city for each cacher that requested a Diabetes TB. That's about the only explanation I can come up with that'd explain why one would ever want to get to Buffalo, MN. Or Ham Lake. Or Hopkins. Or most of the other ones on the list as well - it's most likely the list of cities for all Minnesota cachers that requested one, based on mailing address. Pr'bly not earth-shattering news or anything, but like I said, I'm a bit slow so it took awhile to figure it out...

-Ken
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my best guess, they went off population (ie the top 50? cities in each state?) That is just a guess but it seems logical. I know Isanti is not on the list.

Last edited by merkman on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:46 am; edited 2 times in total
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, Ken.

Columbia Heights here
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merkman wrote:
From my best guess, they went off population (ie the top 50? cities in each state?) That is just a guess but it seems logical. I know Isanti is not on the list.

Oh I dunno, while they may have not hit EVERY cacher's city who asked for one, the list still seems too suspicious not to have a link. Minnesota has all kinds of cities larger than Buffalo (10,000 people) that aren't represented, like Winona (27k), Apple Valley (45k), Eagan (63k), Inver Grove Heights (29k), Mankato (32k), Richfield (34k), Roseville, Shakopee, Savage, and so on and so on. Picking my lil' hometown just seems a bit farfetched to me - now Columbia Heights is a lock, as we all know KB is world-famous, but Buffalo NY is much more likely than Buffalo MN to have a Diabetes tag created for it, don't you think? I'm not complaining, mind you, I do think it's cool and all!

At any rate, Max did let me know they're holding it for me, so the Buffalo tb will be coming home after I meet them in St Louis in April, I just don't know what to do with it after it's completed it's very specific mission to have pictures taken in and around Buffalo geocaches.

-Ken
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a point. That may have been it. Confused
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the "hacks" Rolling Eyes over there at Wikipedia to get the top populated cities in Minnesota and checked them out.

I am up to 69 TB's. I think that is about as far as I can go. I hope they are all linked right.

It is interesting that at least 1 has completed its mission. Cool

-Merkman
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the cities I tried with no luck (as of today)

Alexandria
Bemidji
Cloquet
East Bethel
Fairmont
Hutchinson
Marshall
Mendota Heights
Monticello
Mounds View
New Ulm
North Branch
North Mankato
North St. Paul
Otsego
Robbinsdale
St. Louis Park
St. Michael
St. Peter
Sartell
Sauk Rapids
South St. Paul
Vadnais Heights
West St. Paul
White Bear Township
Worthington
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind me again how my name got associated with the Ham Lake one?
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
Remind me again how my name got associated with the Ham Lake one?

Pear Head wrote:
This was emailed to the board:

F1 Canada wrote:
Just as a point of interest if you could post this in your forum pages. We have just recieved the "Ham Lake, United States of America" Unite for Diabetes Travel Bug in the mail and will be releasing it near Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada in a new cache. If any of your members are interested in watching this bug who wishes to travel to Ham Lake the reference is TB1C19M.

In the Free TB Thread.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it seemed familiar somewhere.... Must be because I've overworked. Yea, that's it....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: