MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Check out this cache - "The Gauntlet"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonas and Julia
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the cat's been out of the bag...

This cache was such a huge disappointment for us when we did it in October 2005. We intentionally chose it to be our milestone #500 due to the perceived challenge and adventure involved. We weren't sure we were up to it, but purchased a great deal of equipment and thought we'd give it our best shot.

After all that preparation, the realization that it was supposed to be a joke was not even remotely funny. What a complete letdown.

Not too sad to see it go.

Julia
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did hear there is going to be a write up on this cache and lets just say it isn't to supportive of the cache. My source is going to see what they can do about a copy of the article. And no none of my party wrote it.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamoCacher wrote:
I did hear there is going to be a write up on this cache and lets just say it isn't to supportive of the cache. My source is going to see what they can do about a copy of the article. And no none of my party wrote it.

Where would this writeup appear that it would matter?
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point of the article is more along the lines of why all these people were perpetuating someone else's lie.
To summarize-isn't it better to sit back and laugh as more people are fooled, than admit you were fooled yourself and save others the same fate?
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect to the parties involved, can we please drop this and move on? I've read/heard enough personal opinions on the whole matter, I don't need to read an article about it too. The cache isn't an issue anymore, it's been archived.

I don't mean any ill intent against anyone, all around it sounded like a bad experience. I'm sure lessons were learned all around as well. It's a new year, let's wipe the slate clean and go find some caches, ok?
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
With all due respect to the parties involved, can we please drop this and move on? I've read/heard enough personal opinions on the whole matter, I don't need to read an article about it too. The cache isn't an issue anymore, it's been archived.

I don't mean any ill intent against anyone, all around it sounded like a bad experience. I'm sure lessons were learned all around as well. It's a new year, let's wipe the slate clean and go find some caches, ok?

So don't read the topic. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I still get asked about it and there is still questions and interest out there about it. There is nothing that says you have to read every post on here, there are many I skip.
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked in respect to all parties involved, and to anyone that might not know about the situation that might stumble across this.

Apparently I am mistaken though, perhaps about a few things. I won't discuss it further, but I will continue to read all the forums.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
I asked in respect to all parties involved, and to anyone that might not know about the situation that might stumble across this.

Apparently I am mistaken though, perhaps about a few things. I won't discuss it further, but I will continue to read all the forums.

Personally I find it okay of others stumble across this and any other thing I have to say about this cache, the more this comes out the less likely others will pull such BS.

KCOGRN you're a great guy as are most on this forum but the one thing I love about this forum is the diveristy and the ability to speak freely about topics (unless we get nasty at each other) and share info. There are many discussions on here that I find that have no interest to me whatso ever, should I be allowed to end those discussions because I feel one way or another about them? No I just shouldn't read them or if I do then that is a choice.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still interested to know where this article will appear that it will make a difference...
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
I'm still interested to know where this article will appear that it will make a difference...

I don't know where she is publishing it but I do know there is a geocachiong magazine.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, ok, so it won't make a difference. Good to know Wink
Paklid
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

160 posts and thousands of views. Seems like there's interest in this thread despite the cache being archived. Also, who cares if potential publication of the hub-bub surrounding this cache never brings about world peace or whatever else is needed to "make a difference". Enough people shared an experience either personally or vicariously to maintain interest in this irritating cache.

So BAH to "let's drop it" and BAH to "it won't make a difference". I'm glad the forum is here to allow geo-gossip and assorted musings.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with the thread existing. I just wanted to know if the "hub bub" would make a difference or if it would be more of the same old geocaching drama that goes on with every topic.

Just drama -- I can happily move along Wink
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm glad the forum is here to allow geo-gossip and assorted musings.

me2
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get a "HEH"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: