MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winona Daily News

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Winona Daily News Reply with quote

http://www.winonadailynews.com/articles/2006/12/11/news/00lead.txt
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Winona Daily News Reply with quote

spinowner wrote:
http://www.winonadailynews.com/articles/2006/12/11/news/00lead.txt

Wonderful! Great job, lagrac and fellow cachers!
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great article!
RubberToes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love a guy who geocaches in shorts in December.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RubberToes wrote:

Or one who bushwhacks through a half mile of buckthorn in shorts in the middle of summer.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
Or one who bushwhacks through a half mile of buckthorn in shorts in the middle of summer.

Awww, thanks Moe. I love you too but it was at the beginning of fall: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=0d8bcea6-cdd1-46a7-a459-558e29aee6db
Bad_CRC
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RubberToes wrote:

Laughing Hehe. We couldnt' believe that either, but it was actually such a nice day out I ended up in a T-shirt too. (course, carrying around bags with 40 pounds of old bottles probably didn't hurt.)

Great Job Brett!
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone decided it would be funny to post comments as if they were coming from many of the more prominent geocachers in the state including myself (I have only copied some of the entries):

Quote:
Centris wrote on December 19, 2006 12:47 PM:"You guys are great. Thanks for having a CITO day. Thank you for all you do, too, Bill."

eagleyes wrote on December 17, 2006 12:17 AM:"Way to go, everybody! And somebody should write a story about Bill, since he gives of himself so unselfishly. I would nominate him for a lifetime cacher award. Thank you everyone for your contributions."

KC0GRN wrote on December 16, 2006 3:45 PM:"I saw the link to this story today and was quite impressed with both the effort of your local group and the newspapers coverage of the event. Way to go!"

dachebo wrote on December 15, 2006 6:40 PM:"Good story, but I don\'t think the geocachers were taking out the trash, as the headline suggests, they were collecting litter."

Ian S. wrote on December 15, 2006 5:56 PM:"Nice job everybody, you are the \"kings\" of Winona geocaching."

Eelsid wrote on December 15, 2006 1:38 PM:"Great article, and great job everyone on your efforts!"

Chad wrote on December 14, 2006 6:02 PM:"Thanks for recognizing the work of your local geocachers, Kari. It\'s nice to read about the good any group is doing. And thanks to you, too, Bob. Without you, there might not even be geocaching in Minnesota."

Silent Bob wrote on December 14, 2006 12:20 AM:"I, too, am appreciative of the efforts of those who combine global responsibility with geocaching. Whatever the percentage is, encouraging others to follow suit is important. I wish the majority would do half as much as I do for the sport."

Paklid wrote on December 13, 2006 1:52 PM:"Good job to all who participated, and thanks for spreading the word about geocaching to the Winona community."

jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You left out the best one!

Quote:
tomslusher wrote on December 20, 2006 10:28 PM:"Bill is definitely the single most important geocacher in this state. His wisdom, leadership and consensus building for the MnGCA has made geocaching in this state as great as it is."

Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Media Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: