MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FOR SALE: Retired Dell Poweredge Servers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: FOR SALE: Retired Dell Poweredge Servers Reply with quote

I have 5 Dell Poweredge 2400 servers I am looking to get rid of.

They were retired but all working well. I would guess that these units are in the neighborhood of 4-6 years old but have quite a bit of life left in them. They are great experiemental, development or play servers. They are powerful enough to run Windows 2003 Server very efficiently.

I believe these specs to be true but disclaim any mistakes. All equipment will come with only a power cord. Nothing else included except advice on configuring. No keyboard, no mouse, no monitor, no software, no operating system, no cords, except power cord.

Pickup of the unit(s) is required since shipping them would be very cost prohibitive (heavy).

The proceeds from sales to be used for the purchase of a server rack for St. Joseph School, Rosemount, MN 55068. St. Joes School is the second owner of these servers. Initial owner is the company I work for, who like all large companies, retires equipment well before it becomes useless.

I should be able to throw in one spare 18GB SCA disk drive for anyone responding to this ad. So that's 7 drives, 6 installed in the RAID array and a seveth drive as a spare.

- Pentium 3, 2x933Mhz, 1GB, 6x18GB RAID5, CDROM, Floppy Drive, Dual Power Supplies. $229.99

- Pentium 3, 2x866Mhz, 1GB, 6x18GB RAID5, CDROM, Floppy Drive, Dual Power Supplies. $199.99

- Pentium 3, 2x667Mhz, 1GB, 6x18GB RAID5, CDROM, Floppy Drive. $149.99

- Pentium 3, 2x667Mhz, 1GB, 6x18GB RAID5, CDROM, Floppy Drive. $149.99

- Pentium 3, 1x667Mhz, 512MB, 6x18GB RAID5, CDROM, Floppy Drive. $129.99 (the drives are worth that alone!!!)
fidian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to combine the drives from two or more machines? Are they external in a nice little raid box? 90 gigs just does not cut it for the application I'm thinking of.

Any tape drives for backups?

Financing options? Smile
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fidian wrote:
Is it possible to combine the drives from two or more machines? Are they external in a nice little raid box? 90 gigs just does not cut it for the application I'm thinking of.

Any tape drives for backups?

Financing options? Smile

No, they are all internal to the servers, but accessible from the front of the unit as they are hotswap drive bays. There are six hotswap bays and each already contains a drive. These units also have two totally internal full size drive bays. You could get more disk space by either buying more than one server Smile or by just upgrading the drives. I don't have any bigger drives but the next step up to 36GB drives on eBay are about double to triple the price of 18GB drives.

Financing? Sure. I'll take as many payments are you need to complete the sale. When the transaction is paid in full, I'll deliver the goods. Wink
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: FOR SALE: Retired Dell Poweredge Servers Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

Pickup of the unit(s) is required since shipping them would be very cost prohibitive (heavy).

- Pentium 3, 2x933Mhz, 1GB, 6x18GB RAID5, CDROM, Floppy Drive, Dual Power Supplies. $229.99

- Pentium 3, 2x866Mhz, 1GB, 6x18GB RAID5, CDROM, Floppy Drive, Dual Power Supplies. $199.99

Three servers gone, the best two are remaining.. Get them while they're still here.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: FOR SALE: Retired Dell Poweredge Servers Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
bflentje wrote:

Three servers gone, the best two are remaining.. Get them while they're still here.

These two servers remain for sale. Price reduced. Get them before I decide to scrap them out. $189 and $159 respectively. Either one will run Windows 2003 Server or any flavor of Linux or FreeBSD very effectively.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: