MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone going to San Francisco?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Anyone going to San Francisco? Reply with quote

Howdy folks, just discovered this site and forum today - looks like a great companion to gc.com, glad to be here!

I'm on a business trip overseas in Europe right now, and managed to find time to grab a couple of TB's in Belgium. If all goes well I'll nab a few more in the U.K. as time permits, including one that wants to go to Ohio.

Anyway, I'll be putting the bugs into a cache, most likely the West Metro TB Inn (gotta keep it stocked, right?), during the first week of February. One of them, "Go West", is in a 'race' to get to San Francisco, so if anyone can help, let me know and we'll find a way to work it out!

Looking forward to spending time 'round here, thanks and best regards!

-Ken
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!!
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no plans, but if some one would like to buy a ticket for me I'll voluneer. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: I'll be in Palm Springs,CA .... Reply with quote

towards the end of Feb. Is that close enough?
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eagleyes, I'm sure the owner will appreciate whatever time it can get there - end of Feb sounds pretty darn good, all things considered! I'd planned to put it in the West Metro TB Inn when I get back in early February, mainly because it's on my way home and it seems like it's running low on bugs. If there's another one you prefer, just let me know - thanks! Very Happy
jonsom
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am leaving for SF (Santa Rosa) on Thursday 29-Jan, and will help anyone that needs TB's going west.
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, Th-Jan 29th is too soon for the Belgium TB that's lounging in my suitcase - we're still in Europe and won't be back until early February! Ah well, thanks anyway Jonsom - I'll still plan on depositing him into the West Metro TB Inn when I get home and hope that Eagleyes can take it at the end of Feb. Thanks!

-Ken
geoguyver
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to Las Vegas again on February 22nd. I think there was another person going to San Francisco a week later which might be faster but I would be glad to if it does not pan out for them!
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: TB to San Francisco- Reply with quote

IF some one can get it there before we do- go for it- we are off to Mexico for a few weeks -going to GC when there. Should be fun
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Bugs are in cache, and ready for pickup! Reply with quote

G'day, we're back from Europe at last, with TB's from Belgium and England in hand - the 14+ inches of snow changed our plans to put the bugs into the West Metro TB Inn, so today over lunch I instead put all 4 bugs into Bobhiker's "Mall of America II" cache.

Not only did it save some snow-hiking in dress shoes, but it also puts them close to the airport and hopefully well within reach of other business travelers that might be visiting our state.

The "Go West" TB is there, which is racing from Belgium to California. Also there is "Daft Tart Jr.", which is trying to get to Dayton, Ohio from the U.K. - I also dropped two non-specific TB's that are out and about with less specific travel goals.

"Maxwell's Silver Hammer", which was supposed to be in the cache, wasn't there but the rest of the cache is in good order. Many thanks as always to anyone that can help move the bugs along - perhaps we can salvage some of MNGCA's rep, it appears to be taking a beating over on GC.com's boards. Thanks, and best regards!

-Ken

-Ken
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugs are in cache, and ready for pickup! Reply with quote

fsu*noles wrote:
The "Go West" TB is there, which is racing from Belgium to California. Also there is "Daft Tart Jr.", which is trying to get to Dayton, Ohio from the U.K. - I also dropped two non-specific TB's that are out and about with less specific travel goals.

Argh, I am going to Bowling Green, OH next weekend which is about 70 mins from Dayton.

I will try and grab it after work. At least it will be straight above Dayton on I-75. If anyone else has any bugs looking to go to Ohio or "East" I will be leaving on Friday the 13th so get me before then! Smile

Silent Bob.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I split the groundspeak forum vs MN discussion into a seperate topic. Arrow Here it is.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Bugs are in cache, and ready for pickup! Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
I will try and grab it after work. At least it will be straight above Dayton on I-75. If anyone else has any bugs looking to go to Ohio or "East" I will be leaving on Friday the 13th so get me before then! Smile

I did grab two of the bugs out of the MOA cache that I could help along their way. I will move them next weekend Smile

Thanks!

Silent Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: