MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Event - Saint Cloud Reply with quote

Kurt Franke wrote:
I have attended a couple of event caches down in the Cities. One was the big King Boreas 1000 Hide event and the other the regular Breakfast Buddy event. I have been trying to get down for the Weeknight Cache but haven't been able to yet.

I was looking at scheduling an event for Saint Cloud. What would you think about Saturday December 2nd. We could hold it at the Country Buffet as they do in the Cities.

It would be great to see who the cachers were in Central MN.

Kurt

If you make this at around 9, not to early, some of us from the metro might join you!
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

List the event, and see what hapens.
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I am planning on listing it tomorrow, Friday 11/10. I'm at work tonight and can't get away to grab the coordinates till morning.

I'll have more information then.

Kurt
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurt Franke wrote:
Quote:

I am planning on listing it tomorrow, Friday 11/10. I'm at work tonight and can't get away to grab the coordinates till morning.

Kurt

If this the right place? Bravo Burritos

If not, plug the address in here to get the coordinates:
http://geocoder.us/demo.cgi?address=68+33rd+Ave+S%2C+St+Cloud%2C+MN+56301
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merkman wrote:
How many would be interested in the Cambridge Isanti Princeton St Cloud Area. We may be able to meet at K-Bobs in Princeton on a weekend morning if there were interest? I would be willing to set that up if there were at least 2 people interested. Let me know. I drove to Coon Rapids to meet Kurt Franke one morning. I still haven't met RINO SHAWN or Hunts2much yet.

I would be interested especially in a Princeton meeting.....but could try to make a St. Cloud meeting if it accomodates a bigger turn out.

Shawn
kleiner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just throwing this out there but, how about lunch at the Refuge in Orrock and then go chase down as many caches as we can in the sand dunes. The only clinker would be trying to go between the deer hunting seasons. I think the shotgun is over after this weekend. Does anyone know when the muzzle loader starts and finishes? JK
jrest
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to squeeze that in. Looks like that is Zone 2, (rifle/shotgun) season ends 11/12/06, Muzzle Loader starts 11/25 and runs through 12/10. Looks like archery season runs until 12/31.

I was able to get out there and find several of them last month, and they were a blast. I did notice there had been deer hunting going on in the past. If I got to a spot where cars/trucks were parked I would pass the hide, and move on to the next one.

Really a pretty area, go find'em.
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RINO SHAWN

I would be interested especially in a Princeton meeting.....but could try to make a St. Cloud meeting if it accomodates a bigger turn out.

Shawn[/quote]

The St. Cloud thing works for me. My wife likes the idea of me droping her off at the mall for some of her "cashing" while I go out and do some of my "caching" then meet for dinner afterwards. Another bonus is I don't have to plan a Princeton get together yet. We can do a Princeton get together after the holidays.
merkman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kleiner wrote:
Just throwing this out there but, how about lunch at the Refuge in Orrock and then go chase down as many caches as we can in the sand dunes. The only clinker would be trying to go between the deer hunting seasons. I think the shotgun is over after this weekend. Does anyone know when the muzzle loader starts and finishes? JK

I would be up for this too.
Would you want to do this the weekend of the 18th and 19th?
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merkman wrote:
[quote="RINO SHAWN

Shawn

Quote:

The St. Cloud thing works for me. My wife likes the idea of me droping her off at the mall for some of her "cashing" while I go out and do some of my "caching" then meet for dinner afterwards. Another bonus is I don't have to plan a Princeton get together yet. We can do a Princeton get together after the holidays.

This sounds good..... just say "when and where" I would ideally like to attend both locations if my schedule allows Wink

edited for a severe case of "sausage fingers"
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kleiner wrote:

I haven't checked yet, but I know I've found a couple of the caches in the sand dunes.....would love to "finish the job" Very Happy

Shawn
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurt Franke wrote:
Quote:

Kurt

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=66d1f34e-8fca-4054-a546-6c3ddea16e75
team-deadhead
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrest wrote
Quote:
You might be able to squeeze that in. Looks like that is Zone 2, (rifle/shotgun) season ends 11/12/06, Muzzle Loader starts 11/25 and runs through 12/10. Looks like archery season runs until 12/31.

Please wear orange there are up to 100 people bow hunting in that park when there are no shotgun / muzzle hunting going on. They where camo and you can't see them.
Wo-oh, what I want to know is, are you kind?
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

team-deadhead wrote:
jrest wrote
Quote:

Please wear orange there are up to 100 people bow hunting in that park when there are no shotgun / muzzle hunting going on. They where camo and you can't see them.

With so much to remember :dates of seasons, zones, type of weapon....I get real nervous caching during this season, especially in unfamiliar woods.....maybe I need to sharpen my urban caching skills........(calling them "skills" is not very accurate........at all!) Wink
team-deadhead
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember september 15 thru the end of every year is bow hunting state wide. So if your caching in an area that can be used for hunting wear orange. I have hunted 100 feet from a cache near Montrose.
Wo-oh, what I want to know is, are you kind?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Central MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: