MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHHHAAZZZZZ THIS??????
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: WHHHAAZZZZZ THIS?????? Reply with quote

http://northstar-cachers.org/forum/index.php
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You found all of our wayward children.
CamoCacher
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was what I thought....PolarOne actually found it and pointed it out to me.
P3nGu1N
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I live right on the border - I'm going to try and join in addition to posting here. I've never heard of this group before this thread though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
You found all of our wayward children.

Yup, all 51 of them!
P3nGu1N
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got in. I posted a topic asking if any of them were members of MnGCA or the Wisconsin Geocaching Association. I'll let you know the results.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Oneied Cooky
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a group of people that did not like the way the MnGCA was ran. So they went out and started there own thing. They have nothing good to say about anything with the MnGCA!
fidian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now, I'm in both and I have lots of good things to say about the MnGCA. I might agree with you and say that most members could be lumped into your statement, but certainly not all.
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake fidian. Most of them don't like MnGCA for what ever reason. Everybody seems to be happy? now. They have things to offer that MnGCA dosen't. and visa versa.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fidian wrote:
Hey now, I'm in both and I have lots of good things to say about the MnGCA. I might agree with you and say that most members could be lumped into your statement, but certainly not all.

Thats true, but of the 51 or so members over there I think around 40 have less then 10 posts and many have 0. Could be that they saw the writing on the walls and just didn't stick around. Same could be said of our site as well.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
Thats true, but of the 51 or so members over there I think around 40 have less then 10 posts and many have 0. Could be that they saw the writing on the walls and just didn't stick around. Same could be said of our site as well.

391 forum users of 709 haven't posted anything. While we purge users that haven't validated themselves from the membership/website roster, we do not do that from the Forum.

Perhaps we should.
pto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
fidian wrote:

Its also possible(in my case True) that many of us dont frequent a forum, or associate with fellow cachers met thru a site as part of our social circle.
We all have lives outside of geocaching, and use our the board to keep in touch, share information, etc.
Not so much as the hub of our social lives. Sure all of us core members have met in person, and cached together - but we dont have a weeknight caching crew type thing every single week, or spend a majority of our free time together.

Its also nice to be able to speak your mind without being moderated, or having the post moved, or . . .
(waiting for this post to be moderated,moved Confused )
pto
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
fidian wrote:

Also- did you notice how many of those people came over from Here, to register - but then never return? Interesting # of those you mention:
actually, a majority of them are from here......
Hmmm....
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just reading a few of the posts, they can be pretty nasty over there!
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a general rule, I've found everyone can be nasty sometimes. I haven't always made the best calls myself.

Forgive and forget, life's too short to argue symantecs.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: