MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cold enough for ya?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I know CAG's a furnace guy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to tell/bore my grandkids about "the winter of ought four"...

http://photos.rkkda.com/minus28.jpg
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I truly thought about it today since it was my day off. Went off to do come cache maintenance on the GPS Knowledge Challenge. Replaced the defaced card. At the time it was only about -18. I'm standing there trying to open a micro metal can with glove on. LOL let me tell you.
Realized right then pack it in. After all those years I lived in Alaska, this old body just doesn't handle it as well as before. Crying or Very sad
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've always wondered how many emails KB gets per day.

Since I created my account on 6/21/01 I have 10,417 saved e-mails. Thousands more have been deleted. Somehow I think those e-mails are an early history of geocaching in Minnesota.

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Off to Cozumel.. Reply with quote

In the morning for 2 weeks- there are 5 caches on the island- it should be in the 80's -hmmmmmmmm Cool
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After being hobbled with a cast for the past couple of months, I've been itching to get out geocaching now that I'm just in a splint, but it's been just too cold. I also need to go out to Battle Creek so I can pick of the Medallion and claim my money--looks like Saturday is going to be busy when it warms up to a balmy 15. In the meantime, I bottled one batch of beer and racked my second batch into the secondary fermenter, and I've been looking at pictures from the sound stage in Pasadena made up to look like Mars. (J/K)
Irvingdog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when rubber soled shoes sound like tap shoe because the soles have instantly frozen................
murph
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
Came home last night and found our furnace out as well! Because of the expected overnight temp I had to throw money at the problem and pay a guy to come and fix it. OUCH!

I own a heating and air conditioning business down in Rochester. I had guys out all night long. In fact last night around ten I even had to drive up to Bloomington to get some parts for a special unit. I didn't get to bed until 3:00 am. One would think this cold is good for business, but it's not, too many things just go wrong in this type of weather.

murph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: