MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WeekNIGHT Caching: Wednesday September 27th, 2006; 7:30pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucidOndine wrote:
drat19 wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
GeoPierce wrote:
I'm out tonight. Let's do it next Wednesday when more people can enjoy it on the regular night.

I agree.. I wanted to see the look on drat19's face when he did mine.. Smile

I had also written some other comments here about my opinion of pre-cachers and hiders who come to WNC just to "see the look on drat19's (and others') faces" when we search for their own caches or caches that they've found already in daylight and/or without an audience, but I've elected to edit them out, as I've stated them before in other venues.

I think that's a very enjoyable part of WNC. For instance, watch pfalstad when he makes a find. He has the worst poker face in the world Razz Even when he tries so hard to keep it to himself, he still smirks. Its pretty funny. Is it so wrong to chide others and be chided when they do and do not find a cache? I think that's part of the social group caching experience.

I also am of the personal opinion that not every cache should be attempted by every cacher. We share this opinion (and perhaps this would be a good time to chide others?) Wink Anyway, I know at least for my cache as posted above, you can stand at various perfectly safe 1.5-2 star terrains and smirk from safety Cool

Joel, as with my comment to Paul, I'm sincerely impressed that you own up to enjoying that part of it. However, as we've discussed before, we agree to disagree on this: I just don't happen to enjoy the chiding, even though I do know you only mean it good-naturedly. I'm not thin-skinned about too many things (as you know...after all, who takes more [img]http://www.geocaching.com/images/WptTypes/2.gif[/img]*p from people about so many things than I do?), but if I'm struggling to find a cache or navigate a terrain because I'm blind or outta shape or a klutz, I don't find it funny that someone else can stand off to the side and laugh about it.
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drat19 wrote:
Joel, as with my comment to Paul, I'm sincerely impressed that you own up to enjoying that part of it. However, as we've discussed before, we agree to disagree on this: I just don't happen to enjoy the chiding, even though I do know you only mean it good-naturedly. I'm not thin-skinned about too many things (as you know...after all, who takes more [img]http://www.geocaching.com/images/WptTypes/2.gif[/img]*p from people about so many things than I do?), but if I'm struggling to find a cache or navigate a terrain because I'm blind or outta shape or a klutz, I don't find it funny that someone else can stand off to the side and laugh about it.

I can respect that. Let me know if my chiding gets on your nerves. My good-nature will probably get the best of me, so I trust you'll let me know when I irk ya too much Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: